mike_va

LED lighting comparison vs. incandescent PAR

Was not quite sure where to post this. Flood light is on the second story of the house, interior lights are off (except possibly one light in the basement). Camera is a CNB BBM24F into an old Axis 2400.

11W LED: Phillips Ambient LED 3000K indoor flood model 11E26PAR30L $50 (418 Lumens)

8W LED: Ecosmart 3000K dimmable PAR20 (866623) $25 (350 Lumens)

normal 65W PAR (enough light to keep in color with IR filter)

darkness (next post)

271529807_65wattPAR.jpg.0879770a36350785a0db4862cb3aec9b.jpg

1554791069_ecosmartLEDPAR8W.jpg.4cc504f8434d435eeb5a2f8c9eed87c0.jpg

1312436015_Phillips11W.jpg.80f21c4cf332d410c7709f5b87a0243b.jpg

Edited by Guest

I personally think the 8w LED (middle picture) looks the best balanced. The 11w LED and 65w traditional light look about the same... I see what looks like "ridges" on the largest planter on the top and bottom pictures, but do not see them in the middle picture, and I'm thinking those ridges are some kind of sensor spike for over exposure?

I personally think the 8w LED (middle picture) looks the best balanced. The 11w LED and 65w traditional light look about the same... I see what looks like "ridges" on the largest planter on the top and bottom pictures, but do not see them in the middle picture, and I'm thinking those ridges are some kind of sensor spike for over exposure?

Either that or an artifact of taking a screen shot of the 2400 using the clip function on a mac. I could not figure out how to freeze it easily, there is no snapshot function like on some of the other axis.

One artifact I noticed since putting up LED holiday lights is a slow phase shift between the camera and the lights. One camera detects motion when there is none. Rapid scrubbing of the recorded time line shows the intensity wax and wane, apparently due to phase shifts of shutter and LED flicker.

Best,

Christopher

Here is a 23W fluorescent, supposedly equivalent to the incandescent. It has snowed since the last pics, but still nothing great.

We both prefer the 11W LED overall. Hopefully after the holidays a whole bunch of IR illuminators will arrive and we'll see how that goes.

(note: the camera has been repositioned slightly)

1924555813_23wfl.jpg.6e92a6e0fef3177a2400e1a4660d2111.jpg

LED technology has been used to create a more effective PAR (Parabolic Aluminized Reflector) light. PAR lights have a wide range of uses, but are perhaps best known as “can,” or recessed residential lighting. In reality, PAR lights are used on automobiles, aircraft, locomotives, and on most theatrical stages. LED PAR lights provide the same crisp, clean light as traditional PAR lights, but do so in a way that is safe, economical, and low-maintenance.

LED technology has been used to create a more effective PAR (Parabolic Aluminized Reflector) light. PAR lights have a wide range of uses, but are perhaps best known as “can,†or recessed residential lighting. In reality, PAR lights are used on automobiles, aircraft, locomotives, and on most theatrical stages. LED PAR lights provide the same crisp, clean light as traditional PAR lights, but do so in a way that is safe, economical, and low-maintenance.

No introduction? You works for a light company?