mabar1

Help with verifone Topaz POS data pinouts?

Hello all,

Any help would be appreciated. We have a customer that previously used Ruby Supersystem II registers, and they are now using Verifone Topaz as their Point of Sale registers.

We had sorted out connection details with the ruby units (From RJ45 com port at the register---take pin 1 to a DB9 Serial input on the DVR pin 2, and pin 6 from RJ45 to pin 5 on the DB9 connector) This would allow data to flow into our systems and record transaction data. Com settings of 9600/n/8/1 on the Ruby system and configure the port for journal printer. (jprt.ldm)

The configuration above is not working for us with this new Verifone Topaz system. According to the tech, the system is set to push a journal print output to Com5 RJ45 port, and it is configured to 9600/n/8/1.

Does anyone have experience or specific pinouts on both ends they know will work to get RS232 data out of this register?

Thank you for your time.

I am having the same issue, I also am using this layout:

1>2

2>6

3>5

4>1

5>4

6>3

7>7

8>8

9 null

The data I get is something like Greek.... I think the is the layout or the text format causing this issue.

Verifone Commander Ruby2

Hi. Is it not easier to use the network ports ??

If still using com port .... Are the ports open on the register

The network set up on the commander for DVR is not working, the com port (Com5) is opened because we can get the data coming from the pos to the DVR every time they type the order.

The Verifone tech support does not know how to set up two stations for two POS overlay/cameras through network. It only allows us to type the DVR IP, and One port.

Ideally, two stations through Network setup, it should go to the DVR's IP with two different ports. DVR has the settings for the two ports.

I know this an old post. Who ever your Topaz programmer is, tell them they have to change the Multicasting from it's default setting. it's not something the store owner can to. I had the same issue while the register tech was here. Topaz will only allow one idem per port, IE pole display, dvr journal, Receipt ect.