acaro

Can't connect iDMSS remotely

I can't connect to iDMSS remotely with my Dahua DVR. Locally I can use idmss but not externally. I 'm using no- ip dns and I can 't seem to get it to work. Port 37777 had been set forward on my modem/router. Port is open on canyouseeme.org. My router had accepted and updated the no-ip hostname and is enabled.

You need to open 4 ports, not just one. Web, RTSP, TCP and UDP port. By default they are 80, 554, 37777 and 37778.

Web port is only needed if you want to access the web interface, but you would need to open the others.

I believe you only need to concern yourself with forwarding the web port and TCP port for typical remote viewing. For dmss, you only need to put in 37777, your custom No-ip host name, your login in, and password. For web service online, you'll typically need to browse to your custom No-ip host name and if you changed port 80 in the Dvr and forwarded the new port, you'll need to include that on the end of you No-ip address with :81 for example, or whatever you changed it to. Also make sure you set and enable your Dvr to use noip as well.

I haven 't done anything on the Dahua to set it up for no-ip. How do I do that? Thanks everyone for your help. I've tried all the suggestions made but no luck. Regards

The only thing I see on the network menu of the Dahua is primary dns and secondary dns. Would I put my no-ip host address there?

The only thing I see on the network menu of the Dahua is primary dns and secondary dns. Would I put my no-ip host address there?

That has nothing to do with no-ip.

DNS and DDNS are two completely different things. Look for the DDNS section.

I figured out where the ddns section is in the menu. Still can't get it to work. I filled out some but I'm not sure of the settings.

On the dvr in the ddns settings, I selected ddns type as no-ips with my server ip as xxxxx.ddns.net , port 80 (not sure if I need port 37777 here). The part I'm not sure of is domain name, user name and password. Do I use my no-ip user and password or the dahua user (888888) and password (888888).

On iDMSS, I'm not sure what to put here. For port, should it be 80 or 37777? For user and password, again is it 88888 and 88888, or the no-ip user and password? If I use port 80, it times out. With 37777 it instantly fails. Both ports 80 and 37777 or open on canyouseeme.

Thanks for your assistance in this. Regards,

When you choose No-ip in the Dvr it will auto fill some things. Leave that, most especially what it auto inputs in the domain name and port 80. Your host name does not go there, nor does 37777. For the other fields, put in your No-ip ip information. Your username and password are what you actually sign into your noip account when you visit noip online. The domain name should be your custom No-ip address. In dmss, port is 37777 and user name and password is not the 88... password you use at the Dvr. It's the admin password, typically admin/admin if you haven't changed it.

Still not working. Selecting DDNS Type as no-ip which autofills Server ip as dynupdate.no-ip.com and port as 80. Domain name is my xxxx.ddns.net with my established no-ip user name and password.

On iDMSS I have the port set to 37777 using the dahua user name admin with password. Register mode is ip/domain, address is xxxx.ddns.net and Name I randomly picked Home. Live preview and playback are set to extra.

Thanks

Port 37777 had been set forward on my modem/router

What's the deal there with your setup. If you have a modem/router and a router in line it gets complicated to the point that I don't know enough about how to bridge them for forwarding. What you have set thus for port forwarding and inputting settings looks to be correct.

This youtube video walks you through all the steps and is quite clear on specific port information. Make sure you have followed all these steps and it should be working:

Hi,

I installed the iDMSS V3.44.001 in India in my iphone. I then travelled to US and it did work for a day. After that it says "Failed to Connect". Not sure if I need to change any settings in iphone or anything else.

Can you please help me here as this is the only way to see my house back in India from US. The

following are the steps that I followed:

1) Register Mode = P2P

2) Entered the SN number

3) Clicked on "Start Live Preview"

4) I got a message "Failed to Connect"

Just to add, my friend back in India followed the same process and he is able to view the video from his mobile whereas Iam not able to do it for the same process.

Thanks.

Hey,

If your friend can see it and you cannot it is likely an issue on your end. Either the info in the phone is wrong or you are limited on data while in US. Is there any way you can get a public IP from the location? It is much easier to diagnose the issue with a public IP as opposed to the P2P connection.

I believe the ISP in India changed his Internet Addie.

I believe the ISP in the USA blocked his "No-IP"...

"Let's make the Internet GREAT, again!"

You may try taking control of the "host" computer in India via "Microsoft Remote Desktop Access" to figure it out. You should be able to see your cameras' this way, also (just as if you were there).

This way is much better and "safer" than using any "No-IP", IMO (even though it's Windoze).

Also, I don't think two people may be connected at the same time through "No-IP"?

I'm not sure on this last part.