I have a second hand LT unit, the OS HDD died on me, I know i know i should have done a backup of it. I do have access to the American dynamics site but I can't seem to find the intellex software, and the vcad drivers, only the updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I am currently using another unit a sensormatic one, which I know it an earlier model. So failing me not getting the drivers, whats the realistic chances of using the older software on the newer hardware then go through the crossing fingers on all the upgrades, including from windows 8 to window 2k.

At this point in time I have the os running on the new hdd, with all the appropriate drivers for hardware chipset etc as per a computer, all I need now is the Philips tri media stuff and I assume the scsi stuff on the cards.

I am trying to recover the old drive, but last count said something like 29days, and we all pretty much know if it works at the end of that, even if the drive lasted that long ( SMART ERROR ) would be a miracle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you tell us what is the product code or the model number of your Intellex? It should reside either on the door or on the bottom of the case.

This process will help to ID the version of the Intellex.

Dependent what is the version, you can buy restore CDs for that particular model, which also will come with all the necessary drivers, including the VACD driver (Or sometimes called TriMedia driver). Once the restore process is complete, then use the software key that also resides at the same place where you find the product code, MAC address, etc and the system should work just fine.

American Dynamics website does not have these restore CDs available for download. What they have are drivers, patches, upgrades or updates specific to Intellex version... When you conclude the restoring Intellex application, then you can upgrade or update it to next available level provided if your hardware will support it.

Using older Intellex software on the new hardware poses other issues... drivers incompatibility is one... most important, it will ask for a new software key. You will not be able to use your existing sofware key, since the version of the Intellex, in this case older one, will require a different software key that is tied to that older version Intellex.

You can not simply upgrade the operating system easily from functional Intellex that may be working on Win2000 or WinXP. No such OS upgrade available from Microsoft. What is available however is called migration process that takes any older Intellex system and migrates to Windows 7 operating system. I worked on that project in-house and it took us roughly six weeks to conclude this procedure. This way, you can have any version Intellex to operate in Windows 7 environement. This migration is not available from American Dynamics, so there is no product to buy from the manufacturer and perform this task. It is a migration service that we offer directly to Intellex users.

As for recovery of your old drive - is your system reporting SMART error only, which is a BIOS function? If so, did you try to disable the SMART function in BIOS and try again? Before proceeding with this function, duplicate the old hard drive and keep a copy just in case. This BIOS function had its uses in the past with pre-Windows 2000 systems. However, since operating systems became a lot more responsive, that function is no use in most cases. Normally the curruption if any takes place with drive c: and the remainder of the drive is storage. Unless you can confirm for sure that your old hard drive is totally damaged, then there may still be a chance to recover what it contains.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

thank you for your lengthy reply

I am getting the smart error as I mentioned, but i can see a lot of the files, but as i mentioned getting them back is becoming challenging. Whether they work afterwards that's another matter. I left it all day yesterday and last night recovering the Drivers folders, with the ATi and VACD mode etc in it. I woke to find it had switched off, so not checked what it has recovered yet. 6.45am here time for breakfast first.

The model is ADD60026P016P

The key is in windows/intellex ? I think I recovered that folder. Of course as you know when programs are installed files get scattered around, so simply copying over the folder won't work i know, but the settings will still be there.

Please find some observations below.

thank you for your lengthy reply

I was hoping you will say a "complete" reply?

I am getting the smart error as I mentioned, but i can see a lot of the files, but as i mentioned getting them back is becoming challenging. Whether they work afterwards that's another matter. I left it all day yesterday and last night recovering the Drivers folders, with the ATi and VACD mode etc in it. I woke to find it had switched off, so not checked what it has recovered yet. 6.45am here time for breakfast first.

What exactly are you doing with this drive? Are you trying to recover it, copy it or something else? I am not sure if I understand what process you started at night for recovery.

The model is ADD60026P016P

This is Intellex LT Premier version 2.6. Can you verify if it still uses Windows 98 as operating system or may have been upgraded to higher version with a different OS, if possible? Older pre-Windows 2000 machines, which this model qualifies, had the SMART feature active and it explains now why it even exist. Did you try by having it installed in another Windows machine with Win7 OS and then perform ScanDisk function?

The key is in windows/intellex ? I think I recovered that folder. Of course as you know when programs are installed files get scattered around, so simply copying over the folder won't work i know, but the settings will still be there.

This key resides in a folder and you are correct. but the same also identifies mac address and the version of the Intellex.. All these has to match for Intellex to boot.

yes I am trying to recover the drive. OR at least the more important parts of the drive as I already did a new install of Windows 2000 with the appropriate drivers for the motherboard. Just got the yellow ? on the trimedia now as I added in the patch for windows 2000 to recognise it from AD, instead of it saying multimedia controller.

This one has been upgraded to windows 2000.

How painfully slow it is I am currently recovering system32 from WINNT been going 20hrs got 1224 of 2096 files, a total of 124mb from 306mb and another 30hrs to go.

I have the WD 160gb hdd in another machine to copy it. I have to put it directly into an IDE port, neither of my caddies ( ide/sata to USB ) will allow me to even see the files.

I haven't tried scandisk no I must admit. Very few files actually copy over as is, it shouts an error at me when copying, so using recovering software.

no idea why I didn't get a notification saying you posted.

yes I am trying to recover the drive. OR at least the more important parts of the drive as I already did a new install of Windows 2000 with the appropriate drivers for the motherboard. Just got the yellow ? on the trimedia now as I added in the patch for windows 2000 to recognise it from AD, instead of it saying multimedia controller.

Did you use restore CD or blank Windows 2000 installation CD?

This one has been upgraded to windows 2000.

How painfully slow it is I am currently recovering system32 from WINNT been going 20hrs got 1224 of 2096 files, a total of 124mb from 306mb and another 30hrs to go.

Which software are you using for this recovery process?

I have the WD 160gb hdd in another machine to copy it. I have to put it directly into an IDE port, neither of my caddies ( ide/sata to USB ) will allow me to even see the files.

I haven't tried scandisk no I must admit. Very few files actually copy over as is, it shouts an error at me when copying, so using recovering software.

Try Acronis True Image sofware from WD.. they have the lite version for free... works great to duplicate a hard drive. But, what is not clear is the software that you are using to recover the drive... can you share that please?

no idea why I didn't get a notification saying you posted.

Not sure what this means.

Look, it is possible that this hard drive may be damaged. Not much could be done to recover it. All you need then is an easier solution - get the restore CD set, restore the entire system including Win2000 OS and Intellex application and the rest will be just fine. Just use brand new drives regardless the size (we currently using 3TB and 4TB WD drives) or type (PATA - no longer available OR SATA, etc). All you really need is 20GB slice for restore process and the rest is storage.

I did try acronis, purely by coincidence I bought a new hdd for myself a few weeks ago and it came with a free copy ( the license ) I had to download it from there site, I also tried the free easeus but neither saw the drive, hence I used fasttrack to grab the folders from another computer. Unfortunately now bios see the hdd, but the heads just click so looks like its a gonna, and I did ring ADT as AD said they were a local supplier in the UK. However I am still waiting for the line supervisor to ring me back. No shocker there , welcome to Britain lol

Probably end up cheaper to buy a whole new digital 16channel DVR. I just thought I could get someone to supply me the intellex software I required. I do have the winnt/system32 folder and a few other bits from the drive before it died. My new hdd does have the windows 2000 os on it and just missing the drivers for the hardware cards, relating to the cctv stuff.

I forgot to mention I also have the cdimage, froom the hdd, but as far as I see it only install intellex player, but it is 635mb with 8 camera img

It's your choice to buy new DVR vs. getting restore CD set that will allow you to restore your entire Intellex system back to normal.

For less than $100 you should be able to obtain set of (3) CDs that cover both vesion 2.6 and 3.2... You should be able to ordet them from local AD supplier... it is a common part in their lineup.

Good luck.

Good afternoon,here's the problem, where can I download the software for the recorder video surveillance intellex LT

Good afternoon,here's the problem, where can I download the software for the recorder video surveillance intellex LT

What is the actual information you are seeing from the sticker of the unit ?