Allodo

SOLVED! Dahua VTO2000A No SIP or only with VTH150CH/VTH1550CH

Hello,

after a long search this is the only forum where I found some Threads about Dahua VTO2000A. So I hope anyone can help me to solve my problem.

I've bought an VTO2000A from Aliexpress and its work well so far, but I have an real big problem. Before I ordered I saw on the brochures of Dahua that it supports SIP system. But on Web Server Configuration I found nothing about this. Firmware is "2016-03-25 V2.100.0.0".

I'm still waiting for delivery of my Indoor Station (VTH1500B-S). Or should I better order an VTH1550CH?

I wanna use an SIP Server to see who is in front of the door and to speak with the visitor with my telephone. But therefor the VTO2000A must support SIP system.

Or will this only work when there is an Indoor Station?

I downloaded an older SIP-Firmware but I couldn't flash it because firmware on the VTO2000A is newer than my one and the config tool abort the installation.

Telnet connection will also refused.

Anyone has an idea how to solve my problem.

Thx forward.

EDIT:

OK, I solved it myself

When I try to Login with ConfigTool I have to change the Port from 37777 to 3800, then every Firmwareversion for VTO2000A should be flashed.

Did you manage to have the SIP option to be able to open the door from a SIP phone?

Well I wanna use my telephone as Indoorstation. In my house on everey floor is an telephone and I wanna use them to speak with the visitor and to open the door. Therefor I have to use SIP.

And after a lot of searching an analyzing I use Asterisk to build a connection between the VTO2000A and my telephone.

I still have to try to get a Snapshot of visitor on my telephone to see who is in front of door because my telephone only supports snapshots. But speaking is still working fine

And I'm sure I get it working with snapshots.

When showing snapshot on telephone will work, the next step is to get connection to my Smartphone with Video.

The main Problem is that Dahua list SIP Support on their broshures, but they won't give Support about it. They don't give any Support to End-Consumer. So I have to try, try, try to get it working.

I was able to install the SIP version 1.2, but couldn't create outdoor station in the interface because got error message.

I don't used the SIP Server Flag, my VTO is an SIP Client on Asterisk. And this works fine with an Fritzbox 7490 on which my telephones are connected over DECT.

I have an fritzbox 7360 , how did you connect the fritzbox to the asterisk?

Which firmware version did you use for the vth15xx? 1.1?

I have no VTH1550. Not till now, but I've ordered yesterday.

On my Fritzbox I have Firmware 06.60 and under Telephone (sorry I don't know how it called with English Firmware cause I got Germen one) I put an new Device (maybe called Intercom?). In German Firmware it is called "Türsprechanlage". There I put the Door Ring number e.g. 9901. Then I choose which Telephones should Ringing, when I push the Button on VTO2000A and what Code should open the door e.g. "123".

After that I took the 9901 as "Villa Call Number" in VTO. Choose the IP from VTO in SIP Server Config and as Server Asterisk.

Do you have Asterisk running? Then I can send you my SIP.conf and my extensions.conf which are working.

The main problem with the Fritzbox is that it sends "183 Session Progress" as response. The VTO don't understand it an ends the call. The VTO needs 180 Ringing as response. Therefor I put an Ringing() before Dial() in extensions.conf an it's working

Fritzbox 7360 supports only till firmware 6.31, the intercom option is not available. Will have to create extension in the asterisk & a sip account as client in the fritzbox pointed to the asterisk?

btw: You can flash the firmware with a special tool called "rukerneltool", and have the international version (english etc..) for any fritzbox

http://rukerneltool.rainerullrich.de/

Can you send me the configs?

btw: You can flash the firmware with a special tool called "rukerneltool", and have the international version (english etc..) for any fritzbox

Thx but I come from Germany, so the German firmware confirms for me

I will send you the settings per PN

Hello Allodo and All!

Can you say please, was it neccessary to flash you VTO2000 with other Firmware as you write in the first Messages. And if yes, what version do you have and from where did you download?

I hava an 7490 but and an Asterisk too. And would to buy me a VTO2000 but only if the SIP conection works.

And the last Question - Can you make only Phone Call or VideoCalls works too, for example with Bria or Zoiper on Smartphones?

I have experimented with a Gradnstream Camera and its work good, but my big problem is, how to make a good looking frontpanel for it. So i gave up. And the already developed Dahua indoor Station is a second big advantage for me.

Thanks!

Best Regards!

Hi Allodo and jos123,

thanks for the infos provided, made me very curious!

I'm interested in following you, using VTO2000A as SIP doorphone with my Fritzbox 7390 (being German also...). Although I'd have to remove the stainless steel frontplate because I need to fit it into an existing letterbox, the VTO2000A seems being the the cheapest SIP doorphone, even offering video. I'd like to use it with my FB as is, avoiding to set up asterisk.

But: where did you get the SIP firmware?

Are you happy with the solution?

Thanks & ciao,

Hallodry

Hi there,

Has anyone had any luck in getting their VTO2000A working with SIP? I installed the SIP firmware on the device recently.

I have a Raspberry Pi with Asterisk running on it. The mobile phones in the house each have their own SIP extension and I was hoping I could get the VTO2000A to dial a SIP group extension number and establish a video call, when the doorbell is pressed.

So far, this works for audio, but I don't know how to get video working. Maybe the Dahua firmware does not support sending video via SIP? If that's the case, how else can we get the video to be sent to the other devices?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Just in case anyone else needs this info...

I finally got my VTO2000A working using SIP. Whenever someone presses the button on the intercom, it calls an extension I created in Asterisk. This extension is configured using the Follow Me module and I set it up to dial a bunch of other extensions at the same time (mobile phones, tablet, etc.).

The first extension to answer the call establishes a video call with the intercom. This works great using Bria on my iPhone, and I also tested it using Linphone and Jitsi on my laptop.

In terms of overall set up. I have Asterisk running as part of FreePBX (on the Raspberry Pi).

On the VTO2000A, I installed the SIP version of the firmware and configured it to use the Asterisk SIP server.

Hello pkozul,

can you please post the Asterisk Conf-Files.

I and other people are trying the same.

Are you using the internal SIP-Server in VTO and Asterisk as Client or the Registrar in Asterisk?

I'm trying right now to use the internal SIP-Server, because it works good wit VTH indoor Station. Do you have tested it with a VTH too or only SIP-Clients.

But it this case is something very strange - Asterisk registered with 9901 at the VTO, but when i call 9901 or other (pres Ring Button), then the VTO is trying to connect to the Asterisk as Client with username 8001 In other words, if i don#t make something wworng th VTO is trying to resgiter self a the Asterisk for this one call. But i don't know what Password for 8001 is set inside the VTO.... admin and 888888 doesn't work.

I can make from asterisk outgoing call to VTO over Number 8001 but i don't become a Picture - only Sound.

Per sip show channels i see, that my Linphone Client has activated alaw and h264, but the 9901 line to the VTO use only alaw without h264. It seems he doesn't accept self calls with activetad video?! But why works with VTH and not wih Asterisk and Linphone. Wrong Realm?

This is because it would be very kindly if you can post here you settung for asterisk and VTO.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hi all there,

I will make an new Thread for VTO2000A, SIP and Asterisk. So everyone could post his solutions or questions about there

Hello pkozul,

can you please post the Asterisk Conf-Files.

I and other people are trying the same.

Are you using the internal SIP-Server in VTO and Asterisk as Client or the Registrar in Asterisk?

I'm trying right now to use the internal SIP-Server, because it works good wit VTH indoor Station. Do you have tested it with a VTH too or only SIP-Clients.

But it this case is something very strange - Asterisk registered with 9901 at the VTO, but when i call 9901 or other (pres Ring Button), then the VTO is trying to connect to the Asterisk as Client with username 8001 In other words, if i don#t make something wworng th VTO is trying to resgiter self a the Asterisk for this one call. But i don't know what Password for 8001 is set inside the VTO.... admin and 888888 doesn't work.

I can make from asterisk outgoing call to VTO over Number 8001 but i don't become a Picture - only Sound.

Per sip show channels i see, that my Linphone Client has activated alaw and h264, but the 9901 line to the VTO use only alaw without h264. It seems he doesn't accept self calls with activetad video?! But why works with VTH and not wih Asterisk and Linphone. Wrong Realm?

This is because it would be very kindly if you can post here you settung for asterisk and VTO.

Thanks

Hi gerdshi,

Sorry, I somehow missed your message on here.

I am using my own SIP server, which is Asterisk on the Raspberry Pi (FreePBX). I installed the Follow Me module and used it to create a ring group, so that when someone presses the button on the VTO, it dials a bunch of extensions to make sure one of us at home knows about it.

I don't have a VTH unit and have only been testing with SIP clients (Jitsi has worked well on my Windows machine). I have a Windows phone but have not come across a good SIP client on there. My wife has Bria installed on her iPhone which works well.

In terms of configuring the VTO, below are the settings I recall changing:

Local Config > A&C Manager

Villa Call Number: 5000 (the extension I created in Asterisk for the Follow Me call group)

LAN Config > LAN Config

No.: 8001 (the extension I created in Asterisk for the VTO)

Network Config > SIP Server Config

IP Address: 192.168.1.220 (IP address of my Asterisk server)

Port: 5060

Username: 8001

Password: •••••••••• (password / secret I created in Asterisk for extension 8001)

SIP Realm: asterisk

Sip Server: Enable

In terms of Asterisk configuration changes, I documented the changes in the other thread Allodo started:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52356

Let me know how you go.

Thank You Pkozul fpr you Configuration.

I'm using raspberry too, but without follow-me. Pure asterisk

I switched to the new Thread too. My big Porblem was that i not set the realm to asterisk and .... has headatack.

I tested after that how the Indoor Station VTH1550 and some Voip-Clients are working with the SIP-Clients and Asterisk. Seems very good.

Greetings

Thank You Pkozul fpr you Configuration.

I'm using raspberry too, but without follow-me. Pure asterisk

I switched to the new Thread too. My big Porblem was that i not set the realm to asterisk and .... has headatack.

I tested after that how the Indoor Station VTH1550 and some Voip-Clients are working with the SIP-Clients and Asterisk. Seems very good.

Greetings

Great to hear. What do you think of the VTH1550? I am considering getting one myself.

It is nearly great! Really I followed the recomendation from Allodo and it was a good decision.

It has capacitive Touchscreen, not resisitive! The viewing angle is high, not like the cheap LCD's. The relative low Resolution from the VTO (800x480, 720x576) are perfect for this. You don't need more. Only at night is the Picture from VTO a little bit blurred, but this came from VTO self, not from VTH display. At day the Picture is great. Much, much, much better then the Displays from other analog Video-DoorPhones. The keys on the right side are sensory.

Principaly you buy a (SIP-)Videophone.

For now i can make only in combination with the VTO videocalls. But wit SIP-Clients i can make regular SIP-Calls to the whole world in both (!) directions.

There only two things that are little bit disapointing are:

1. with a SIP-Client i can not make Videocall (yet?)

2. the SD-Card hast nearly no meaning with the SIP-Firmware - you can not use the VTH as Mailbox (video and audio) like with the nonSIP-version. With SIP you can use it only to record the person who calls - manually.

I don't know, not tested yet, if Asterisk-Mailbox can make record of the videostream too?

3. the loudspeaker ist not sooooo loud. But enough at max. for a normal Room. Specialy for me is the little bit too low microphone sensitivity from VTO a bigger disadvantage.

The quality of assembly is very good and robust. There is a Wall-Mounting kit in the package too.

I buyed it, because i know how often my Tablet or Smartphone are without Power or in some room somewhere in House. In this case it is much better to have 1-3 real indoorstation where i can accpet the door ringing.

For the beginning i buy only 1. But if the project goes further like the last day (german speak files ....) i buy maybe additional 1-2, for every floor. I will see.

I have the VTH1550CH which mean white with capactitve touchscreen. But there is, i think, the VTH1510CH too - the same but in black. The Firmware is absolutely the same!

Both should be compatible to PoE (802.3af), but i don't tested yet. Maybe this weekend.

Greetings

hello

i have vto 2000a and vth 1550 ch my problem is i can listen vto2000a by smart phone (gdmss plus)but when i speak we dont listen any thing in the station.

when i monitor the vto2000a with master (vtn 1560ch ) i can see the image of the station , but when some one sone in the station i cant see any thing, but in the slave(vtn 1550ch) its ok.

thank you

Hi, can sum1 help me I logged into my vto2000a via web browser and changed the web port by mistake in network config and now I can't log in with the same IP address if I connect it to my router and log in my router tells me it's using 192.168.1.110 which is fine but I can't log in I tried reset pressing tamper button 5 times until beeps but still cannot log in I can see video on idmss on lan using up address any help would be brilliant thanks.