h901

Tips for new installer

Hi everyone

I recently started installing cctv systems and was hoping others could share some helpful tips.

Thanks

Just looking for tips on how to run wires correctly especially when it comes to hiding them as best as possible.

Also is there any specific order things are done or any recommended tools to purchase.

Just general tips really. Thanks

Im considering a CCTV install start up with no prior electrical trade experience.

Didnt have any luck on the supplied links

Im trying to think of faster ways to run RG59 without concealment in ceilings instead using some type of J channel conduit or trunking to run cable in to reduce labour cost. Both inside and and outside buildings.

I also thought about situations where using some type of permanent construction adhesive instead of drilling to save time.

for example fixing a dome externally to a block/brick/cement house, you could screw the dome to small wood board then glue board to house

look forward to feedback

Please don’t consider it.

Not clipping or conduit ..... gluing cameras to wall

And you want to charge people for you being lazy

quote="tomcctv"]Please don’t consider it.[/i]

Not sure if Im describing what im talking about clearly.

If me being lazy (minimising drilling into brick/concrete walls to affix conduit) reduces labour time and cost to the customer making me more competitive in the market, then wouldn't my laziness be more accurately be called efficiency or business sense?

appreciate input from all

Thanks

If me being lazy (minimising drilling into brick/concrete walls to affix conduit) reduces labour time and cost to the customer making me more competitive in the market, then wouldn't my laziness be more accurately be called efficiency or business sense?

Your not going to be more competitive and long term you will cost you customers more when the glue fails in time and camera falls down.

At that point your customer will only call you a cowboy and again it's only being lazy.

It's bad business's cutting corners.