grey1988

SWANN NVR 7400 USB Extender that works for usb mouse??

Does anyone have this model or similar and got the usb extender to work? i bought one on amazon and the nvr does not recognize it. Please help. i am trying to extend the use of my mouse.

This is the one I bought from amazon and does not even work with a 5 ft 5e cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0T2V6O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2F6W3L8WKNI6X

Thanks

Hi:

Did you ever solve this problem. I am trying to do the same thing, extend the HDMI and the mouse from the closet where i installed the NVR to the entertainment system in family room. Actually, I would like to split and extend to two locations if possible.

thanks for any help.

I got the HDMI part to work with HDMI extender through Ethernet but I wasn't able to get the USB mouse extension to work.

Hi:

Did you ever solve this problem. I am trying to do the same thing, extend the HDMI and the mouse from the closet where i installed the NVR to the entertainment system in family room. Actually, I would like to split and extend to two locations if possible.

thanks for any help.

I did this with another system that was about 150 feet away. You need to get a powered usb extender over cat 5/6. I tried it with the non powered ones that were supposed to be good for 150 feet but could not get it to work. Powered units are available for under 50.00