Fazi123

CCTV Sytem recommendation

Hi Guys,

I am currently rewiring my house and have decided to up my security and install a CCTV system.

I am going to be wiring up the house with CAT6 cable and am interested in a POE system.

Could you recommend a decent system, and perhaps even a how I could connect it all up.

I am going to be having a gigabit switch installed where all these cables will be connected to. Is there a NAS I could buy which could act as a DVR or would I have to purchase a system complete with DVR?

Any advice on what to purchase i.e gigabit switch / cameras / NAS etc would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Fazi

Can anybody help me please? Or perhaps the mods can move into the relevant section of the forum?

Thanks in advance,

Fazi

If you live in the US, I would recommend buying an ip system from costco. They are good systems with a good return policy.

Do a forum search for "costco" to start your homework.

If you live in the US, I would recommend buying an ip system from costco. They are good systems with a good return policy.

Sorry I should have mentioned I'm from the UK. Thanks for the response though

We have Costco in the UK too

I would start by giving Henry at CCTV42.co.uk a call. Good guy and will give you lots of advice.

I would start by giving Henry at CCTV42.co.uk a call. Good guy and will give you lots of advice.

Don't think so