SKYNAD

Lorex MCNB3153 WIRING DIAGRAM

I Have a Lorex system, and i had to cut the RG45 Wire because of water damager in the connection,

I want to change the connector but the wire color are pretty different..

I have

Red

Green

Black

White

Yellow

Orange

Blue

Grey

Brown

Purple

Please help me fix this thing...

I'm told that FLIR makes Lorex, they tell me that Lorex is a lower quality unit than FLIR. Lorex cams are in plastic housings where FLIR uses metal housings, the FLIR rep told me. I had the same problem, I traced the wires on my FLIR and this is what I found. I know it's ca55 or above, but I simply soldered a new cat5 cable to the individual wires and used shrink tubing to provide insulation. If you think about it, striping back the short cable from the camera isn't even cat5, it's just a multi-conductor cable, I've had no problems.

If for some reason, the female RJ45 in-line jack should become damaged, all is not lost. If the camera is to use Power Over Ethernet, due to electrolysis that may take place if water should enter the cable connection, the camera will fail. Normally the resistance between conductors of the eight conductor RJ45 would be infinity, but if corrosion takes place, the various pins may short circuit to each other. Cleaning the pins in the RJ45 will not be good enough, and the connector is sealed, there is no way to repair the connector.

The solution is to cut off the RJ45 jack. If you plan on using POE, there is no reason to keep the 12 volt barrel connector, so both can be cut off at the Y, leaving only one jacketed cable. If it was possible to install an RJ45 male or female connector, the following connections would be made. Since there are only six conductors from the camera, some pins on the RJ45 would have to be jumped. This is not practical, but if a male or female RJ45. There will be four wires left over, they can be clipped off, unless one wishes to provide 12 VDC to the camera instead of POE.

Pin Color

1 Brown

2 Violet

3 Orange

4 Yellow

5 Yellow (jumped to above)

6 Blue

7 Grey

8 Grey (jumped to above)

By making all of the connections, there will be sufficient lines for data connections and for the POE to negotiate. If for some reason, one wishes to provide electricity to the camera using 12 VDC, red and green are positive 12 volts and the black and white are the common or minus 12 VDC.

Hope this helps

I'm told that FLIR makes Lorex, .....................

The solution is to cut off the RJ45 jack. If you plan on using POE, there is no reason to keep the 12 volt barrel connector, so both can be cut off at the Y, leaving only one jacketed cable. If it was possible to install an RJ45 male or female connector, the following connections would be made. Since there are only six conductors from the camera, some pins on the RJ45 would have to be jumped. This is not practical, but if a male or female RJ45. There will be four wires left over, they can be clipped off, unless one wishes to provide 12 VDC to the camera instead of POE.

Pin Color

1 Brown

2 Violet

3 Orange

4 Yellow

6 Blue

7 Grey

8 Grey (jumped to above)

By making all of the connections, there will be sufficient lines for data connections and for the POE to negotiate. If for some reason, one wishes to provide electricity to the camera using 12 VDC, red and green are positive 12 volts and the black and white are the common or minus 12 VDC.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the description. This will help, as I am trying to find a way to get my BNC camera hooked up to my PoE ethernet cables.

I am also trying to get the RCA plugs (on the back of the NVR) to accept audio from a functioning microphone. Do you have any ideas for that?

Thanks..

;

;

;

Pin Color

1 Brown

2 Violet

3 Orange

4 Yellow

6 Blue

7 Grey

8 Grey (jumped to above)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the description. This will help, as I am trying to find a way to get my BNC camera hooked up to my PoE ethernet cables.

I am also trying to get the RCA plugs (on the back of the NVR) to accept audio from a functioning microphone. Do you have any ideas for that?

Thanks..

;

;

;

No this will not help you at all. .... This is for IP cameras ONLY.

Pin Color

1 Brown

2 Violet

3 Orange

4 Yellow

6 Blue

7 Grey

8 Grey (jumped to above)

Hope this helps

Thanks..

;

;

;

No this will not help you at all. .... This is for IP cameras ONLY.

Are you offering suggestions as to what will work?

Thanks for the reply, but to restate what I am trying to accomplish here......

IP cameras to a IP NVR.....

and

I have one extra BNC camera that I need some sort of adapter, to hook up to my Ethernet cables and then to my NVR.

I thanked the OP for stating the wiring colors and functions, and hoped that this will start my process.

Can you produce a useful link?

Thanks for the reply, but to restate what I am trying to accomplish here......

IP cameras to a IP NVR.....

and

I have one extra BNC camera that I need some sort of adapter, to hook up to my Ethernet cables and then to my NVR.

I thanked the OP for stating the wiring colors and functions, and hoped that this will start my process.

Can you produce a useful link?

The wiring will not help or work for BNC camera.

You need an encoder but buying another IP camera will be cheaper.

you need an encoder. That will take your signal from analog to IP several mfg make them. You might have to get a brand specific model. Depending on the cost of the encoder it may be cheaper to just replace the one analog camera

you need an encoder. That will take your signal from analog to IP several mfg make them. You might have to get a brand specific model. Depending on the cost of the encoder it may be cheaper to just replace the one analog camera

Thanks for giving me some info that helps with my understanding.

I would like to use this camera, since it is already paid for.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/site/LBV2531-Series-1-p?skuId=sku1590029

And use it near a remotely located router and then have the signal sent to the NVR. I'd be willing to hard wire it to an Ethernet cable, if the communication would/could happen.

So if I understand correctly, you are suggesting an encoder, which will make the communication happen?

Do you have any preferred manufacturers? I have found a few complaints on how Lorex uses a lot of proprietary means.

This is the NVR that I have....

https://www.lorextechnology.com/security-nvr/hd-security-nvr-lnr400-series/LNR400-Series-1-p

Thanks, again....

Hi. Buying a cvi encoder will be twice the price if not more of a IP camera.

There is no cheap way around it

Tom.... you are a nightmare at every turn!

This isn't about being cheap.

As I have said in another thread....

Leave me alone, Tom!

Hi. Buying a cvi encoder will be twice the price if not more of a IP camera.

There is no cheap way around it

Tom.... you are a nightmare at every turn!

This isn't about being cheap.

As I have said in another thread....

Leave me alone, Tom!

Listen it's a reply to a post .......... If price is not a problem get the cvi 2 chan encoder ...

There is nothing wrong in this post .... its advice

Yet you get upset ....... and upset over nothing.

Read the post again ... read it slow ...... even get a friend to help you with the long words ...... and you might start to understand.

But if your brain can't work out ITS Better to get another ip camera instead of paying a lot of money for a cvi converter.