Sign in to follow this  
Bosi

Hikvision NVR Movement recording

Hello.

Thanks to the help of this forum I managed to get some problems I have with the installation already solved. So glad I found this forum.

I still have some problems with the email settings, but am afraid to make an update as this is a Chinese version unfortunately.

But for now I have another issue and wonder if someone can help, or I just try something impossible.

I record 24/7 the attached cameras. But at the same time I would like to get a special recording when any movement was noticed. Although I can see the option n the software nothing happens.

I can just see the permanent records. I now tried to run beside of the NVR the software IVMS-4200 client, which recorded movements separately, but it needs a lot of cpu and I actually can't let my computer run all day.

Is there any chance I can get this recorded by the nvr too, or ?

Thank you for you help in advance again

u never want to record motion only. either u decrease recording resolution or upgrade to 2TB. besides unless u in high security, whenn **** happens, u need to view, u want to see right away. things happen month ago, who gives

I know a month old but I found no way to have both on my Hikvision EXCEPT when I used one camera specifically as the motion recording camera and left the rest continuously recording.

I have 5 cameras near the front of the property but only the door camera records movement only. The reason I set it up this was is the sensor light at night activates the motion recording so anyone who comes near my home or even half way across the yard activates a recording 'incident'. I then use that time to watch the other cameras in playback to see what was happening on the lawn.

It is not possible to enter my property without triggering the front door at night and even cars turning around trigger the light(I live at the end of a street). The 2 bullet cams can see the whole front yard anyway so no security is lost this way. I get only a few movements at night due to how quiet my street is so this works perfectly for me.

I don't care about daytime triggering though.