raffi007

Problem with Cameras

Hi

This is my first post

I am having trouble with the installation of my cameras

I installed and conected all my8 cameras and proceeded with connecting the each camera to the DVR

I came across a problem for which i do not have an explanation.

Out of the 8 cameras, at first 6 were showing an image on the DVR

I thought that there was a wiring problem with the 2 cameras, i checked and reconnected them and still no image

I proceeded with unpluging all the cameras and replugging them and noticed something very weird

I connected Cam1 in slot 1 on the DVR and the same with the rest of the cameras

I noticed that when I connected Cam1 i had an image

connected Cam2 i had image on cam1 and cam2

when i connected cam3, i had no image on cam3 and the image of the cam2 went also black

then I unplugged the cam3 from slot3 and connected cam4 to slot 3, i had image on cam1, cam2,cam4

then connected cam5 in slot 4 and no image, i unplugged cam5 from slot 4 and plugged it in slot 5 on the dvr and i had image.

i then plugged cam6 on slot6 i had image, i plugged cam7 on slot 4 and i had image.

Why is it that when i plug a camera and i dont have image it actually also affected another camera ?

How come some cameras dont work in a specific slot on the DVR and they work on another slot ?

Very weird stuff.

Help pls

Probably mentioning brand and specific models of the DVR and cameras and how you're connecting everything (be specific, is it premade cables, common or seperate power supplies etc) will be helpful in getting assistance.

It's like asking a mechanic to diagnose a car issue by giving a small amount of info and not even telling them the make of car.