Sign in to follow this  
triggertrevor

IP camera/nvr setup problem

Hi all I wondered if anyone could shed some light on my problem.

I have a Annke 8 channel Poe nvr and 4 Annke Poe 4mp bullet cameras.

I think it's all hikvision gear re badged.

The box tell me it's plug and play but it's been far from it so far.

The nvr came with the hardrive already installed.

So I connected the power lead,all 4 cameras and the Ethernet cable to my router.

All the lights are on/flashing on the Poe ports on the back of the nvr.

The cameras powered up as I could see the red ir led's.

I went through the setup wizard and all was well until it comes to search for connected cameras..........but nothing shows up in the list.

When I go to the camera management page all the cameras have been assigned an IP address 192.169.254.2 to .9 but I have a yellow warning triangle on all cameras in the status box.

If I double click on this I get ip camera does not exist.

I'm scratching my head at the moment and it won't be long before I'm bold so any advise would be great.

Thanks again kev

I do not know that particular NVR but some require that you activate or add the cameras in to see them and or record.

Look in the setup menus

Hi there yeah your right there is a add option in the advanced user guide but on my camera management screen it's not there and when you try and delete the 8 pre installed cameras that are there by default it says there are no cameras to delete?

Cheers

Hi TiggerTrevor,

Annke is far from Hikvision.

As to the problem....who is your broadband with?

I would try connecting all the cameras to the Dvr enabling DHCP on the dvr and then rebooting the machine...once on then search for the cameras again...

if it doesnt work, then remove the ethernet cable from the router and enable the dhcp and reboot again,

sometimes the dvrs networking settings do not match with the camera so they conflict and cannot be searched.. i've had it where the cameras is set to 192.168.1.69 and the customer broadband is with Sky or Virgin (192.168.0.1) so they just wont pick up, you have to enable DHCP reboot the Machine and search again.

Alternative is to (long Winded) power the camera via a 12v plug separately and connect it directly to a laptop...login in to the camera and change the networking settings manually to same as your router.