ra5451

New Bee Here...Need Help With Audio Question

I have about 36 cameras in my business and I would like one of them to produce audio so I can monitor it real time. I have a civic-hdw2200m which was installed by the sub-contractor. Do I have to buy another camera that supports audio? Does this one support audio? Are there other options out there? Thank You for your Help!

you may be better placing a microphone in a better location that where a camera is located. The best visual location and the best audio location may not be one and the same. ETS out of Texas has a several microphone system designed for use with DVRs etc.

you may be better placing a microphone in a better location that where a camera is located. The best visual location and the best audio location may not be one and the same. ETS out of Texas has a several microphone system designed for use with DVRs etc.

Thank You

if your recorder supports audio in then just run a external microphone,

theres multiple ways around it but generally speaking you need to get a rca cable from the dvr to where you want the microphone and also a 12v power, i'd run a solid copper cat5 cable from the dvr to the place where you want the audio, use 2 pairs + and - for power and 2 pairs for + and - for the audio, run the audio pair into a balun and stick a bnc to rca adapter on the end and bobs your uncle.

if your recorder supports audio in then just run a external microphone,

theres multiple ways around it but generally speaking you need to get a rca cable from the dvr to where you want the microphone and also a 12v power, i'd run a solid copper cat5 cable from the dvr to the place where you want the audio, use 2 pairs + and - for power and 2 pairs for + and - for the audio, run the audio pair into a balun and stick a bnc to rca adapter on the end and bobs your uncle.

Hi. No need for a balun and should not be used.

4 core alarm cable will also do the job