supercoupe007

Installing Lorex NVR PoE cameras using Powerline Adapter

Hello,

I am new here and hope I am posting this in the right section for support.

I am trying to install a Lorex NVR (16 channel) camera system with POE cameras using some powerline adapters (TP-Link Model TL-PA4020P).

I connected the NVR Ethernet cable to my router.

I then plugged in one PowerLine (PL) adapter #1 to the electrical outlet and connected an ethernet cable between the PowerLine and the router.

I connected a camera to PowerLine (PL) adapater #2.

I then pushed the pair button on PL#1 followed by pair button on PL#2 (within 10 seconds)

I go to the settings page on the NVR in the "serach devices" but the camera doesn't show up.

I looked at TP Link instructions and they say to press pair button with 60 seconds. Pairing takes a couple of minutes and it should work.

I follow instruction but it shows the powerline adapter in powersaving mode. I have swapped powerline adapters and the same thing happens.

I have replaced the camera but is still not detected by the NVR.

I called Lorex and talked with two people and they told me to purchase the wireless system setup.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make this setup work?

I tried to add as much information as possible, but I am not familiar with camera terminology. So let me know if I need to add any other information.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but what is powering your cameras? If the NVR provides the poe power for the cameras, the power will not go through the powerline adapter, only the data will go through. You will need a poe power source between the camera and the powerline adapter.

Hello 51cent,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any suggestions for POE power sources that I could look into?

Would I have to open the powerline adapters and modify them?

Thank you,

Tomcctv:

I attached a picture of how i am trying to install them.

I was planning on using 4 powerline adapters (I can plug in 2 cameras per powerline).

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Slide1.JPG.5eb9b9820811ddb4cd6b9673c925ae00.JPG

Supercoupe - am I right in understanding your issue that the POE cameras are not powering up via the Powerline connection (12v DC camera power)? If yes this will not work as all the powerline is doing is converting the TCP packets to transport across the wire, not the DC across the AC connection.

You would have to use a 12v power supply at each camera location to power the camera unit. You can get the video to travel via the Powerline transport but our experience has seen issues when trying to run 1080p successfully on more than 2 cameras in the same structure (same building, same electrical service)

One install we have that the customer wanted only Powerline to be used rather than the expense of running new Cat5e loses video to all his cameras when the air conditioners kick on (data via PL on BNC "HD" system)

Lorex's suggestion to use wireless is probably the best although like "death from firing squad or death from hanging" either one you die...run some Cat5 connections to the cameras

Compudoc,

Yes i think that's the issue that i seem to be having (based on reading information from the link that '51cent' provided me with

The reason why I was trying to use the powerline is that I have a deteached garage, which makes it nearly impossible to run cat5 cables.

I could minimize the amount of cameras depending on the use of powerline, and just use 2 or 3.

I was looking as options on amazon for power inejection??

Can I use this to power up my cameras?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YGLCQQK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487541473&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=icreatin+poe+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41BN3CroSkL&ref=plSrch

It is a iCreatin 12V POE power inejection.

I called Lorex to see if I could trade-in/exchange for a wireless system and was told that I would have to purchase the new system. So right now I am trying to work with what I have.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi. Keep it simple and keep cost down

$40 for a netgear 4way Poe switch ..... Gives you 4 cameras at garage area.

Then use 1 pair of netgear power over eithernet plugs from switch in garage to recorder.

tomcctv:

Would I be able to use this TP Link 5-Port? I ask because I found it for under $10. Or do I need something that specifies PoE?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help

153170853_TPLink5Port.jpg.1de8015a9108d8d5fe951470084dd9c2.jpg

Hello

Sorry to hijack yhis thread, i thought it would be appropriate as my question is very alike. I plan on buying the Lorex 4K 6 Camera set Costco is selling, as true 8mb 4k cameras. I have a man cave 30 metres from my house with powerline adapters between house and man cave working fine as electricity ran to man cave. I have a 1200mb AV2 poweline and a 300 mb virgin line. I plan on plugging in the NVR to the router as normal. The router is already wired to the powerline etc. At man cave end adding a 4 port poe switch from the poweline output and running 2 cameras from it. All 8 of the poe ports on the back of the NVR would still be free this way as only ethernet would be from NVR to Router. Would this work as i assume the poe cameras would have their own mac address and be seen by the NVR ?. Kit is £800 so want to check first.