Sign in to follow this  
randalmorn

How to use 1080p BNC camera from 900ft ?

Hi.

I bought a Samsung DVR kit (SDH-C75100) with 1080p BNC cameras (SDC-9441BC). I need to use 900ft. long cables for the cameras. Which cable type should i use to get a good image quality? Do i need to use baluns or any other accessories?

Thank you.

Hi.

I bought a Samsung DVR kit (SDH-C75100) with 1080p BNC cameras (SDC-9441BC). I need to use 900ft. long cables for the cameras. Which cable type should i use to get a good image quality? Do i need to use baluns or any other accessories?

Thank you.

Hi. That format is only good for 300ft you can use repeaters but they cost a lot .... 900ft will need two repeaters so an extra $150 to 200 on each camera

Be cheaper to send the SDI system back and go cvi.

Hi.

Thank you.

Hi. That format is only good for 300ft you can use repeaters but they cost a lot .... 900ft will need two repeaters so an extra $150 to 200 on each camera

Thank you for your response.

10 of 16 cameras will be under 300ft. range, but 6 of 16 cameras will be 900ft. range. Any other alternatives to repeater?

Hi.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

10 of 16 cameras will be under 300ft. range, but 6 of 16 cameras will be 900ft. range. Any other alternatives to repeater?

Hi. Not with SDI....... It can't run on baluns or cat5.

And the repeaters are not that reliable

It's going to cost you around 2k in repeaters

Your best option is to swap dvr for a tribrid use your existing SDI for under 300 and use cvi cameras for above ...... Lot less than the 2k cost