Sign in to follow this  
jdn77

Dahua - IVS on more than one channel/camera

Hi,

Looking for some help on IVS set-up. I've recently installed a Dahua DVR (Smart 1u Lite) with 4 cameras. Overall the system is great and easy to use. One thing I'm trying to eliminate is false positives from motion detection so thought I'd try the IVS functionality. Set this up on one camera using the intrusion method and it works brilliantly. On trying to add IVS to more channels/cameras I receive an error message to say the maximum analysis channel threshold has been reached. There must be some sort of limit but does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks

You will need to buy a more powerfull DVR. This feature uses the CPU on the unit, if it will only do one channel, there is no way around that ("Lite"s are the cheaper models).

Thanks for the reply. Can't seem to tell from the Dahua DVR list which ones offer more IVS analysis. I'll keep looking.....

Would anyone be able to advise what Dahua DVR's offer IVS analysis on multiple channels? I've tried Dahua support but they weren't very helpful. Also read through the data sheets of various models but it isn't clear at all.