Pauld75

CCTV DVR to TV?

Hi,

I'm setting up a new CCTV system shortly.

My TV sits downstairs but I'd want to put my dvr upstairs incase a thief steals it (God forbid they break in). It will also be next to my router which sits in my bedroom.

I want it connected to the TV downstairs as my wife is alone in the house a few nights a week and if anyone rings the doorbell she could check the TV and see who it is before opening the front door.

I see that dvr's connect to TV's with hdmi. Is my only option to buy a huge hdmi cable and run it up to the bedroom the dvr will be kept in?

How big do hdmi's get as I'd probably need 30 meters!

Thanks

you could use a HDMI extender which would use a single cat 6 cable. That would be easier to run and would boost the signal as well 30 meters with regular HDMI would run into problems.

Thank you. Would this be a HDMI extender for both devices. So one plugged into the dvr then running a cat 6 cable up to another extender which is plugged into the TV?

Paul,

I'm in the exact same situation. Did you ever come up with a suitable solution - if so, would you mind sharing it?

Many thanks,

You could also use a modulator. You convert the digital signal of dvr-nvr to analog and you feed this signal to your central antenna splitter. Then you find your dvr with a simple channel search.With this option you can view your cameras with all your TV's in your house(without running cables to each TV).