Hi - the picture is fine during the day but at night the red lights on the camera are not on. On the DVR the IR button is not on.

Any ideas what could be the issue? This is for all 3 cameras I got installed.

Thanks

Hello. Not enough power. The cameras will draw more electricity at night to light up the LED's to send video to the DVR. Try a different or newer camera power adapter. The power adapter you are using now may not be up to the task of adapting the amperage needed for night vision.

Hello. Not enough power. The cameras will draw more electricity at night to light up the LED's to send video to the DVR. Try a different or newer camera power adapter. The power adapter you are using now may not be up to the task of adapting the amperage needed for night vision.

Thanks.

Its a bit strange why the manufacturer would include a power adapter that isnt suitable?

I have hooked up a spare camera and this works fine. Its not installed high up in my house like the other 3 cameras are but would height matter in this case?

What amperage of power adapter would be ideal?

****EDIT**** the supplier has replied to an email I sent them and they said this batch of cameras are faulty as the cold temperature stops the IR from working. It was 2 degrees celsius here lastnight!

Has anyone ever heard of the 'cold' stopping IR?

The power requirements for DVR cameras will vary by the manufacturer. And, yes, the cameras and the DVR will have operating temperature range. 2 degrees celsius is above freezing and a good working outdoor camera should be able to handle that.