currypuff99

Safe to put recorder in a ABS plastic box (outdoor)

I need to install cctv and its recorder in an open area with no roof. For the recorder, I am thinking of putting it in a plastic box (see attachment) to protect it from rain. Box will be fixed on a wall.

But some most cctv companies in my neighbourhood has no experience installing recorder in outdoor environment. They are worried if the recorder will work fine in a plastic box with little air ventilation.

Will the recorder overheat if the box has too little ventilation holes? There cant be much holes as we cant let rain water get into the box either. Need some advice thanks!

TB2zJLQiFXXXXc0XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!1635376254.jpg_600x600.jpg.5e2f841c0bc15f50c5a41f872bebccb0.jpg

you could put the recorder in a box but it would need to be vented as well as weatherproof. How are you going to view the images from the cameras? where is the power supply or POE source.?

you could put the recorder in a box but it would need to be vented as well as weatherproof. How are you going to view the images from the cameras? where is the power supply or POE source.?

I plan to put the power extension + 4g router + small recorder in the box.

Something like this (image provided from box seller):

297834_1.jpg

Images should be streamed and viewed online.

What worries me is air ventilation... Do you think the existing holes at the bottom (as shown in picture) is sufficient for some air ventilation?