Sign in to follow this  
yadhukrishnan

how to solve static electicity problems in cctv system

in big projects, i had seen static electricity is main problem when we conect hdmi extender to dvr for monitoring and also i had seen in ip camera and nvr system the network port will go hang in state after working long time how to sole this problem.

in big projects, i had seen static electricity is main problem when we conect hdmi extender to dvr for monitoring and also i had seen in ip camera and nvr system the network port will go hang in state after working long time how to sole this problem.

Hi. Big project ? How many cameras ...... camera distance.....switch gear used. Recorder or vms used ?

You need to list all.

And why do you think it is static

Not much said to describe the problem, but I have found is that HDMI over long (>20m) distances is problematic, especially when its over CAT-5 adapters, even good-quality active ones. The problem isn't "static", its induced electrical interference from power wiring getting into the signal cables. Symptom is that the display briefly blanks when lights, motors etc switch on or off. The suggested solution is to use proper CAT-5 or 6, not the lossy copper-clad aluminum Chinese stuff, and to preferably use screened cable.