Sign in to follow this  
inforlonghaul

Hikvision NVR Abnormal Shutdowns

I've got a 32 channel Hikvision NVR with the built in 16 port POE, and we currently have 30 cameras on it now. We installed it in August. The ongoing problem we've been having is the NVR randomly shutting down and performing an 'Abnormal Shutdown'.

I've been going back and forth with tech support for 2 weeks now troubleshooting, performing checks on the HDDs, changing NVR settings, reducing the camera resolution to 720p to even defaulting the unit and the issue is still not resolved.

It doesn't do it every time, but when it does do the Abnormal Shutdown, it occurs with I'm bouncing between the different cameras or using playback. But like I said, it doesn't do it all the time, just randomly. Maybe every other day or so.

Curious if anybody has experienced this before and/or have suggestions.

Hello. If tech support was doing their job correctly, they should have explained it is either the power adapter or the hard drive or the NVR itself. If the NVR is under warranty, they should offer to send you a new adapter or an RMA to send the NVR in for a new hard drive or complete replacement.