Sign in to follow this  
ydraiggoch

Frustrating Networking issues

Firstly, hi to everyone!

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help a very frustrated man who has very little hair left to pull out!

I'm trying to access my DVR remotely but having no joy.

The equipment I have is an Alien Hero DVR which is connected via a switch to a Huwei HG633 Router

I have (so I think) opened ports 8000 & 554 as per instruction of the DVR.

Having downloaded the Alien DVR app for Android I am able to view the cameras on my mobile phone by using the internal IP address and port 8000 in the settings. All good.

However, when trying to access this from a 3/4G connection on the phone it doesn't work. Now, I have changed the IP address to the 'External' IP which I got from can you see me.com But no joy. It just reports back 'connection failed'.

Interestingly, when using 'canyouseeme.com' or any other port testing site, I get the response that the connection timed out.

I would have thought this is the problem, but am I not using port 8000 when connected to Wifi?

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Hi. We know that system as a system Q

You only need to port forward ports 8240 and ports 80. Which recorder is set from factory

Hi tomcctv,

Thanks for the response. With regards to the ports, the manual suggests ports 8000 & 554. Could be because mine is an older model? (ALIEN 654).

I just tried Port 8240, but no joy

Many Thanks again

Seems that the port forwarding is not successful. I suggest try telnet [external IP] [external port] to test which port(s) fail to work.