Sign in to follow this  
darnetheous

Installing a POS Overlay Data Capture CCTV, need advice.

Looked around at new overlays, have some older ones i could use. But this is my issue, have a Sam4S Model ER5240M, the DVR is a FunLux 960H standalone. The FunLux does not have a serial port, only USB and RJ45. Most of the overlays that I see only have a serial port out to the DVR. I know from my experience in th field that there are some adapters, but not sure if there is one for my case. Please any information is a huge help. I can add the info about the overlays I have if that helps.

Hi. Depends on type of overlay used.

VSI-Pro. Will do the job since you are on analog cameras

American video equipment will either sell you the lead kit for that register when place the order

Of if you register is to far away then again VSI-PRO with a moxa connection.

image.thumb.jpeg.96aeb8ae9fea497f7ba74b1339665e30.jpeg

Ok. I have a geovision GV-data capture V3E. The main issue is how i connect to my DVR as it does not have a serial port DB9 in. Will a usb to DB9 adapter work for the connection to the DVR?

Ok. I have a geovision GV-data capture V3E. The main issue is how i connect to my DVR as it does not have a serial port DB9 in. Will a usb to DB9 adapter work for the connection to the DVR?

Hi. It has to be PC based for the v3

For that dvr you need overlay added to camera....(loop in loop out)

I have installed this same device on non pc based systems and it works fine. Back to the original issue of a usb to db9 adapter, would that work? You posted a picture of it thats why i ask

I have installed this same device on non pc based systems and it works fine. Back to the original issue of a usb to db9 adapter, would that work? You posted a picture of it thats why i ask

How did you get the data to the dvr in the past

V3 needs software to work and control. And you can't load v8040 onto a standalone.

USB on funlux DOES not allow data.

Also you NEED PC with geo software to set the v3.

So going back to original issue is pointless

Installing a POS Overlay Data Capture CCTV, need advice

Go back 4-5 years in forum history and you will find the manual

It is also the same capture box for the avermedia which I have used both a lot and also the VSI-pro which I know is your better option for analog standalone

image.thumb.jpeg.caac0154f0c291ff1ddf056ddb4fbee9.jpeg

Why would anyone review five years of form history when a simple Google search will suffice. Every question I have asked and is taken multiple post to answer. In the past I was only the installer I cannot tell you how these devices were configured specifically. Thank you for your time from now on I'll go to an actual professional and I will cancel my account on CCTV forum.

Further more in your first post you could have been more clear and not post pictures that have nothing to do with what the issue is.

Why would anyone review five years of form history when a simple Google search will suffice. Every question I have asked and is taken multiple post to answer. In the past I was only the installer I cannot tell you how these devices were configured specifically. Thank you for your time from now on I'll go to an actual professional and I will cancel my account on CCTV forum.

Yes thanks for wasting out time with your crap

Anyone who uses geo knows the v3 only works with geo PC Card and software

It's only some one who buys cheap China junk and thinks they can send data into its USB

Give up installing you have no clue ...... but just so as everyone else can see here is the PDF v3 manual........ the v3 you say can be connected to none pc based system

http://pd.geovision.tw/faq/POS/GV-DataCaptureV3E-B.pdf

Don't cry it's a easy mistake ....... I can do PDF in crayon if that's better for you

Further more in your first post you could have been more clear and not post pictures that have nothing to do with what the issue is.

I listed a conversation product. And if you know pos you would of know what it was anyway ......... it's needed if cable run is over 5m

Hay buy you posted have done it before ....... geo v3 on none geo software...... that just shows you are out of you skill set ......... analog camera with digital data capture....... I'll be laughing for days

I posted the manual for you as you posted this........ LEARN don't blame other for your mistake

And lastly the picture of the overlay you posted is not the overlay i have

No it's not the geo v3 it's the multi capture ...... installer configures capture for either aver of geo ....... but same ports and works the same