Sign in to follow this  
hardtech

New DVR installation

Hi All,

I am presently using a 16channel DVR of winposse brand with lab gear cameras. I want to upgrade to 24 channel with the same cameras and one or two additional cameras.My present cameras are installed using CAT cable with video baluns i can see at the DVR end. I have the following query.

1) Will the camera end be also equipped with a video balun and separate power supply?

2) Will the present cameras work with Hikvision DVR DS-7224HGHI-SH (New One)?

3) When purchasing additional new analog camera what all extra items should i purchase? Do i need 2 baluns and 2 separate supplies at dvr and camera end?

Hi All,

I am presently using a 16channel DVR of winposse brand with lab gear cameras. I want to upgrade to 24 channel with the same cameras and one or two additional cameras.My present cameras are installed using CAT cable with video baluns i can see at the DVR end. I have the following query.

1) Will the camera end be also equipped with a video balun and separate power supply?

2) Will the present cameras work with Hikvision DVR DS-7224HGHI-SH (New One)?

3) When purchasing additional new analog camera what all extra items should i purchase? Do i need 2 baluns and 2 separate supplies at dvr and camera end?

Hi Hardtech,

1) When running analog cameras over CAT cable you normally need a balun on both ends of the cable. The camera must be powered and you can do this locally (near the camera) or if the distance is not more than 35 Meters you can send the power over the CAT (providing it is a 12V camera) from the DVR end. WARNING!!! Some old analog cameras are 220V/110V do not under any circumstances send this kind of power over CAT cable.

2) The Hikvision DVR DS-7224HGHI-SH claims to support HD-TVI,analog andIP camera's so it is a "triple hybrid", it would be very unusual if you had any problems connecting your existing analog cameras to it.

3) Each analog camera needs just one power supply and you can place this near the camera and power directly or you can place it at the DVR end and send power over the blue/brown pairs subject to distance <35m, if greater than 35m then power the camera at the camera end. ONE power source only!!! You will need a balun at each end so 2 x baluns per camera.

Best of luck.

Paddy.