Sign in to follow this  
jomor

TVI camera to TV composite input

Hello everybody,

I have two old CCTV cameras connected to my TV (scart and composite inputs) and I am thinking of replacing them with new analog HD cameras. Can I connect a TVI HD cctv camera directly on a composite input?

for example the following camera

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J1KN8PI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=22HZ2MFRLSWOF&coliid=I2S1A00Z577VU2

is mentioned as TVI with 1V p-p output. Can I connect it directly to my TV (Samsung UE40J5100) ?

In other words, which new HD camera types (AHD,CVI,TVI) can I connect directly to a TV ?

Thank you in advance

In other words, which new HD camera types (AHD,CVI,TVI) can I connect directly to a TV ?

None, your TV does not "understand" CVI/TVI/AHD.

Then a 4-in-1 camera configured in cvbs mode is a TV-compatible choice?

this for example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MaxxOne-M1A-C2510F-DG-Excellent-Surveillance-Weatherproof/dp/B072F1ZMSD/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1498678647&sr=8-26&keywords=cctv+4+in+1+camera

Then a 4-in-1 camera configured in cvbs mode is a TV-compatible choice?

That will work, but then you will be using analog video, the resolution will be the same as on your current cameras (you will probably get slightly better image quality, but not resolution).

Do you have the option of an HDMI input?

There are various HD-TVI to HDMI converters available on the market. I haven't personally tested them but for $25 or so, it could be worth a shot.

Are you actually recording the footage as well via a separate output or are you just displaying the footage on the TV? The reason I ask is that if the former, some cameras (such as the ones we sell) have 2 video outputs. One is for HD video and the other is CVBS/SD video:

Connections-600x600.jpg

(Yellow: HD Video, White: CVBS SD Video, Red: 12V DC Power)

You can use both the HD and the SD outputs at the same time - there'd be nothing wrong with having the HD feed going to the recorder and the SD going to the TV.