Sign in to follow this  
jedeye jones

Fitment - Corner camera in 120 degree corner

Looking for advice. I need to install corner cameras into a corner that is not 90 degrees but is 120 degrees. The item is an AXIS Q8414-LVS. Unfortunately this camera is all lovely curves that I may need to match with a custom bracket/fillet to complete the task. A camera change is not an option due to spec requirements.

If anyone has faced the same dilemma and came up with an answer I'm very keen to hear about it.

regards, Graham

Put some type of shims behind camera to make up the 30 degrees? Did a google search on the camera, $1300 for a 720 camera?? Other than fitting in a corner, whats so special about this camera?

Thanks for the response.

The camera is destined for a correctional facility cell... so shims would need to follow the contours of the existing housing precisely which means complex curves. That means an expensive solution to an already expensive camera

The housing is designed to be anti-grip, anti-ligature, and can easily be sealed against the mounting surfaces with anti-pick sealant to prevent ...persons... hiding stuff like credit cards/razor blades etc in the gaps.