Hello all,

I have run into an issue with 1 IP Camera out of 126 installed.

This was a new construction install and I have 1 Cat6 cable that the green pair is dead on. Since all of our cable were installed prior to the electrical or HVAC being installed I'am thinking a staple pierced the jacket on this cable or it was nicked by a drill bit or something during the install of those services.

My question is, is there a way to get this camera working using only 3 pair instead of 4? I have changed the pinout every way I can think of to no avail. Due to the construction of this building there isn't anyway to replace this cable.

Any ideas on how to get this camera online would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Do you have access to a cable tester that will tell you the distance to the short or open? I would find where the problem is and repair if necessary I do not know if pulling in a new cable is a big deal but then it would be fixed properly and you would not have to deal with splicing. also did you check the connectors at both ends. plugs and miswired jacks are a common problem.

Yeah, unfortunately pulling a new cable isn't an option. The cable was reterminated with the same results, 3 times actually.

Hi. Ok I can only think of 3 options to help you.

First is ........ Your missing the Poe .......... Use brown pair to replace the green damage pair and power the camera local with a injector.

Second is to be a little creative with your rj45 plug

Cut green pair off both ends and use the brown pair In 3 and 6 pin

3 white green ...... Make white brown

6 green ...... Make brown.

This is the tricky part pin 4 and 5 is + power and 7 and 8 is - power.

Use single blue for + power and white blue for - power

You will need to crimp your blue at cable end to give you 2 blues and crimp them into 4 and 5

Do the same with white blue and connect them to 7 and 8

That will bring your Poe back.

Option 3

Is swap out that camera for analog use 1 pair for video and the rest for power and other end use a IP encoder to use the cam

Hope that helps