Sign in to follow this  
gbadger

over head cam projection

Hi Everyone

i know i won`t be the first to try this, so hopefully someone can recommend which way i have to go with this.

i am a magician and at our local club i have been asked to try to find out if it is possible to film overhead (no recording) and project the over head camera onto a large screen so people sat back from the front can see what the magician is doing from the over head projected video, i would like to connect 2 camera`s (one over head and one camera face on) through an rca switched junction box into a projector with rca input connectors. so i can manually switch between the 2 camera`s.

can anyone please give me any ideas of what i can use camera wise and if i need anything else to do this, we dont really want to connect the camera`s through a dvr unit and record.

Many thanks

Graham

I love magicians!!

Assuming you want to project a high definition image, a standard RCA switching box isn't going to work. You need something between the camera and the projector to "decode" the signal.

If you are not too worried about having high definition, then you can purchase security cameras such as the ones that we sell that are "hybrid". The idea is that they are compatible with older systems as well as newer ones. They have both a High Definition output and a Standard Definition output. This would allow you to experiment with the RCA switching box but also give you the flexibility to add in a HD recorder (no HDD) in the future to upgrade to a HD video feed.

I would suggest using varifocal cameras to frame the image as you need. I don't know any of the distances involved, but there should be something that would work.