Bigbadmamajama

Can Someone Please Help Me?

Greetings everyone,

I recently purchased three home security cameras and ran new cat6 cables for each camera. Here are the specifics for all of the hardware:

(2) Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 1080P POE Dome IP Security Camera

IP2M-844E

(1)Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Bullet Camera

IP2M-842

Cable - SolidLink Bare Copper 1000ft CAT6 In-Wall CM Rated UL Listed UTP Solid Conductor Cable 23AWG LAN Network Ethernet RJ45 Wire

After countless hours of troubleshooting, I've found what appears to be the problem. For some reason, the cameras will not work with the cable. I plug them in, and nothing happens. My switch has POE built in and I can confirm through the switch that the cameras are receiving enough power. Here's the rub...I can plug a laptop into any of the cables, and I'm on the internet. The cables work fine. Here's the other fun fact...if I plug a CAT5e cable into the cameras, they work flawlessly. WTF? Obviously, I would rather not crawl back through my insulation and rafters to run all new cat5e cables after installing what I thought would be the newest and better cables. I've called the camera company and went through all of this. They told me to RMA the cameras (I think they said this because it doesn't make any sense). Not all of the cameras are the same model, so I don't think it's the cameras, and I previously had the bullet camera running on only wifi and it worked fine. I'm out of options...can anyone think of what might be going on? Thank you in advance.

did you test the cat 6 cables you should wire map the cables to see if you have the connectors or jacks on correctly the lines should be all lines straight through. You can get cable wire mappers at any of the big box stores.

Sorry for the delay on this. I figured out that the wiring schema for the connectors wasn't correct. Although I had both ends identical, they weren't in the standard format. So I'm cutting the terminals and am redoing it. Hopefully that will solve it.

Sorry for the delay on this. I figured out that the wiring schema for the connectors wasn't correct. Although I had both ends identical, they weren't in the standard format. So I'm cutting the terminals and am redoing it. Hopefully that will solve it.

Are you doing both ends in B ?

And how long are your cables