Sign in to follow this  
dicky96

User/Installation manual required for DVR Model TD-2304SS-C

Hi guys

Does anyone have an installation manual for this DVR, Model TD-2304SS-D

Google isn't being my friend - there seem to be a few different DVRs with this model number. The one I need to set up is this one http://www.grupoquantum.es/public/uploads/document/GQ_ficha_TD-2304SS-C-561.pdf Other links go to models that look different. I need the full install manual preferably in English but I can read Spanish well enough to get by if necessary

Specifically I need to set up the DVR for remote monitoring by mobile phone, and set up movement detection.

I've never done this before but I understand the general principles - set the DVR to a fixed LAN IP, forward a service/port in the router to the LAN IP of the DVR, set up a DNS name and update client, install some suitable viewing app on the (Android) phone.. but I don't know the specifics.

I have enough info to set up the router for port forwarding.

As well as needing a manual to set up the DVR, In general how/where do I set up the DNS update client? The Movistar router does not seem to have an ability to work as a DNS update client and there are no other computers on the LAN so I was hoping the DVR would have this ability.

TIA

Rich

As no one seems to have a user manual I tried to set the DVR up anyway

Does anyone know what is the default username and password for this model DVR? (see attached pic)

Or how to set it back to factory default?

Also on the setup wizard screen I can enter a fixed IP address (or obtain one by DHCP and set the router to allocate a fixed local IP to the DVR) and enter the Gateway IP address but it also has fields for Preferred and Alternate DNS Server. These are currently set to 080.058.061.250 and 080.058.061.254. What should be entered there?

Thanks

Rich

rsz_dvr20170916_194453.thumb.jpg.7ea841690e5d077c5b313cb5a08886de.jpg

@moderators

If I posted this query in the wrong section would you please move it where I may get a reply?

Cheers

Rich