Sign in to follow this  
wilderbee

Hikvision NVR Takes down my network!?

I just installed a new Hikvision security camera system kit (I7608N2TA). Everything went great until I connected the NVR to my home network. Once the NVR was networked, my computer could no longer navigate to any websites?! I thought it must be the NVR somehow so I unplugged the NVR from my router and I could go to websites again.

Internet Explorer would say "This page is not responding". I ran the always useful windows troubleshooter (which actually told me something this time...) and it said "Problem found. Website/s is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isn't responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable.

The "port 80" bit has me thinking it has something to do with everything, as my NVR is set to port 80. Considering trying to change it to port 90 this evening and see what happens.

Anybody encounter anything like this before?

One more thing worth mentioning is that the internet source is a "cellular rocket hub" as this system is in a rural area.

Hi. You should not port forward port 80.

Give your recorder a new port use something like 5550

Thanks for your reply.

I actually didn't port forward anything. I left the NVR the way it was new out of the box (other than enabling DHCP for it and the cameras). The port 80 bit was just the port setting the NVR came with that I noticed while browsing the configuration screens.

Thanks again.

Sounds like what multicast flooding does to a non-multicast capable LAN. Typical symptom is that all the LEDs on your switches show lots of network activity and everything slows down. Worth checking anyway.

Well, this system is up and running fine and all I did was reboot the ISP rocket hub router. Shame on my for not trying that, but it seems to be working now. Thanks for the input.