coltmanneil

swann DVR4-1350 remote access

Good evening,

Ive only ever installed a wireless system and i didnt have the following problem.

I have a Swann DVR4-1350 and it works great and i can access the DVR4 using software in my home so I know the DVR4 can be accessed using my home network.

However the problem comes when i try to use the app Swannview link.

I have tried to set the DVR4 up using this app and I cannot get it to link up at all.

Ive used the scan icon on the DVR4 and it adds to the app no bother ,but i get 2 options in the connect mode (in the app) p2p or IP domain.

Ive tried the P2P and the scan icon UID but this didnt work.

Was wondering if I am missing something easy.Ive noticed on the IP/domain you need host and port,where will i get these from.Ive used the default ones and they didnt work.

Thats as far as I got.

help appreciated.

NeilC

Hello. The WAN IP for remote access should be defined on your router and the port is defined on the Swann DVR. You might have to get the port for the DVR forwarded on the router for the connection to work that way. But here is on more thing to consider, if your internet connection does not have the bandwidth necessary, you will won't be able to connect that way or with P2P.

I can tell you have a really good internet connection.

My router has an option for remote access but this option for me to allow this has been shaded out.I am asking the IP provider why i cannot change this.I have access my older camera system before using an app but these were wireless and really i wasnt connecting to the dvr I was connection to the older cameras directly.So this must tell me that I can access from outside my home network.

However this Swann DVR must connect to the Swannview app differently ,according to the instructions on the DVR your supporsed to scan the icon on the top of the box using the swanview app and away you go your connected but it hasnt worked for me unfortunately.

If i use the IP/domain i need Host and port from DVR but I dont know where to find these.

IMG_2121.thumb.PNG.b738b610c81230738fc960b13586e42f.PNG

Hi. You need to switch off mobile data on your phone to set p2p

Needs to be done from dvr local network. Once up and running then you can use mobile data.

How long have you had your dvr4 ??? The app you have listed does not support the 1350.

Your setup QR code is not on the box ..... It is displayed on the screen when internet connection is set.

Sorry my friend I owe you a huge apology here.

The guy had put my DVR-4 in an old box ,its actually a DVR4-1425H

Just checked on the DVR itself .

Sorry again for the confusion.

I had a guy here yesterday that paid Maplins electronics in the UK to set up his swann DVR as it was too complicated.Apparently they had to set up port forwarding on his router/modem and also DVR (using his IP from his router/modem).It wasn't easy at all.

Apparently its only the older swann DVRs that are this complicated.

He told me he eventually bought a HIKvision DVR and it was set up in minutes ,even the app on his phone was easy too. He showed me this yesterday.

My power supply failed lastnight for my DVR so I cant do any port forwarding at present. I ll let you know how I get on thanks.

Neil