Sign in to follow this  
erictelese

Video balun not working right

Hi,

I purchased the following video balun to power my samsung cameras (SEB-1005R).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XCGZ3H5/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The samsung cameras are not IP cameras but have only an ethernet input coming out of them. I used this adapter on only the recorder end of the cat 5 wiring coming from the camera. I plugged the power lead into dc adapter and the ethernet cable from the camera into the input on the balun.

It is working good for ONLY 1 of the 7 cameras i tried this with.. They are all the same samsung cameras and only the one is working through the balun. That camera is located closer to the rcorder then all the others. Could length of cat 5 wire be an issue?

Im so confused and just need to get the rest of these cameras up and running.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

The samsung cameras are not IP cameras but have only an ethernet input coming out of them. I used this adapter on only the recorder end of the cat 5 wiring coming from the camera. I plugged the power lead into dc adapter and the ethernet cable from the camera into the input on the balun.

It is working good for ONLY 1 of the 7 cameras i tried this with.. They are all the same samsung cameras and only the one is working through the balun. That camera is located closer to the rcorder then all the others. Could length of cat 5 wire be an issue?

Any help is appreciated!

It has been explained to you in your other post.

Now you have wasted more money by buying the wrong baluns

You need to stop thinking you have a network connector on the end of your cables ... YOU don’t

Still don’t understand why you are wasting time on 380tvl cameras

Chop the connectors off your cables so you can’t get confused anymore.

And if you follow instructions you could spend 10 minutes each camer and have it done

Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

It has been explained to you in your other post.

Now you have wasted more money by buying the wrong baluns

You need to stop thinking you have a network connector on the end of your cables ... YOU don’t

Still don’t understand why you are wasting time on 380tvl cameras

Chop the connectors off your cables so you can’t get confused anymore.

And if you follow instructions you could spend 10 minutes each camer and have it done

I get that. The samsung cameras actually produce a good quality than I’d bet those $20 amcrest cameras do. I dont really want to buy new cameras. So i went with the cheaper balun to experiment (as I can return no problem).

It works for one of the cameras and my question is why? Why would it work on 1 out of 7 of the same type cameras..

How did you wire the rj45 plug ??

The cat 5 wiring was already in place. I did not set it up. The cat 5 wire clips right into camera rj45 input, then wire goes to the powered balun shown in picture, rj45 clips into balun. Balun goes to power and bnc connection on back of DVR.

I took one of the other cameras and tried it out in the office and it worked, so the cameras are not the issue.

The other cameras have cat 5 wiring coming into the office with rj 45 jacks on the end that I believe were crimped on by someone previously. (Whereas the short wire that IS working looks like a Ethernet cable that was already setup from factory) Maybe they were not crimped correctly?? I've never worked with rj 45 crimp connectors so I wouldn't know what to look for.

IMG_6149.jpg.b82ca7d0eed4540871fcbba94f93cc06.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg.31fc1bb55943b32fe8e383b169bd2b4b.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg.1065a2520b9c47fc759009fcf32681cb.jpg