Sign in to follow this  
wilderbee

Hikvision Camera/NVR/LAN Issue

Hello,

I have just installed a new IP Camera/NVR and am having some sort of networking issue that is driving me NUTS. If anyone could comment I would greatly appreciate it.

NVR: DS-7604NI-EV1/4P

Camera: DS-2CD2132F-IWS

The system is setup as follows:

IP Camera(wireless)Wireless Router in Office(Ethernet cable)ISP Router.

When I try to view the camera feed through the web GUI on the NVR, I get black screen when viewing high quality main stream. When I select sub stream, it is VERY choppy and slow. The menus are also very slow to load and navigate. The same when I go to the GUI of the camera (even worse). I would blame this issue on the wireless signal to the camera, but when I view the video feed on Hik-connect/ezviz it is perfect! (even when I turn the quality up to ‘clear’).

When I connect my laptop to the wireless signal from the ISP router, I can only see the camera IP show up in SADP. When I connect my laptop to the wireless signal coming from the wireless router in the office (“extender”, different SSID) I can see both the NVR and Camera in SADP?!?!

I feel like there is some setting in one of the wireless routers that is making communication on the LAN almost impossible?

Any comments of what to try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

what are your settings on the lan are the cameras on one subnet and the nvr on another and have you got port fowarding setup.

It appears I may have some funky issue going on with the clients repeater. It appears like a regular access point setup, but on further investigation the access point in the office (the one I am wireless connected to with the camera) is a Netgear EX6200. This unit can connect both wirelessly to the main router, and via ethernet cable (like stock standard access point setup). Seems the person I am putting this camera in for has done both, which I don't think can be helping anything.

Also, I've read online with people having issues with this EX6200 and not having devices that are on wireless communicate with devices that are wired, even though they are in the same subnet etc..

So, that is my setup. Yes, the camera and NVR are on the same subnet. I do not have port forwarding setup.

Such a frustrating issue. The camera can be viewed through live stream on NVR, but only sub-stream and the latency is horrible. Yet, hik-connect viewing remotely is just fine, even on 3G. grr.

I am going to go rip out that Netgear extender and give it to someone I dislike, and replace it with a regular wireless router in access point mode. I will report if this works.

So it turns out the only problem was the camera was set at too high of a resolution. I turned it down to 1080p and everything started flowing. I am guessing that the higher resolution it was on (can't remember what it was now) is only intended when the camera is hard-wired?? The 2.4Ghz connection on this camera just couldn't handle it. Hikvision cameras at the moment are only 2.4Ghz on the wireless.