Sign in to follow this  
thestizz

DVR8108

Hi, Im really stuck here. My DVR at home has been having issue so a mate just gave me one he use to have in his show. Ive installed it but its asking for a password. My mate doesnt remember it ever having a password. This is the unit

302860_1.jpg

Ive tried all the normal default ones I can think of. The model is DVR8108AV any help would be much appreciated

Does your friend own a trash can?

Nice to meet the village idiot but does anyone have any real advice how to solve the issue?

Cheers..

Hi. Looks like a avtech unit.

But it is old D1 res but only CIF recording..... advertising Symbian which is old and also tells you that this unit will no longer be supported

If not bothered about remote viewing then try avtech support for password reset

https://avtech.com/support/

Hi. Looks like a avtech unit.

But it is old D1 res but only CIF recording..... advertising Symbian which is old and also tells you that this unit will no longer be supported

If not bothered about remote viewing then try avtech support for password reset

https://avtech.com/support/

Hi and thank you very much for the advice. I guessed its prob a very old unit. The one I have is a CnM(secure) that I only paid a few quid for and I had same issue with that but I found an eBay seller to remote reset password for me for £10. That’s been an ok little box for a couple of years but it’s not recording n keeps turning itself off etc. so my mate gave me this one I’m trying to sort password for. I will buy one of the new hybrid ones after Christmas I just wanted to use this old one as a temp until then.

Thanks again I appreciate the help. illl check out the link you sent and post back here if I get it sorted. Cheers

I can be facetious if I want. It’s a free country last I checked, and I earned the right to speak my mind.

Yes, you are correct you are totally allowed to speak your mind. It’s a little disappointing that the only peace of info you managed to pluck from the huge vacuum between your ears was to dis someone’s old little DVR they was asking a basic question about. However, everyone to their own. Anyway thank you for your valuable input and I wish you good luck finding your marbles.

Hi - I've got the same problem with my CNM Secure 4 channel unit and I need to login to view footage of a break in in my house. I found the seller on ebay, are they reliable?