Sign in to follow this  
WiseSolutionLLC

Rolling Camera Picture

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forums so hello to all. I have been doing CCTV and Security work for about 8 years professionally now. I have run into a problem that I cannot figure out what is causing the issue. I have a house that consists of a main house and a pool house. I have a 16ch HD unit and 9 cameras on the main house. I have 3 cameras on the pool house. They all are using cat5e and video baluns to transmit the signal. The 9 cameras on the house are connected to an individual power supply in the house and are working flawlessly. The 3 on pool house however are giving me some trouble. I have 2 direct burial cat5e wires that are piped underground to the pool house and a separate power supply in the pool house for the 3 cameras out there. The 3 cameras are rolling, but when I turn the power off of the power supply in the main house the rolling stops. When I turn it back on it starts to roll again. I have removed the ground from the power supplies and it still continues to roll. I have tried using a ground loop isolator on the video feed and it clears it up some but they are CVI cameras and they will not work with the analog isolator. I can't run new wires to the pool house because this was done years ago by the former Company they had doing their work. I am stuck and need some advice. Thank You!

Hi. Sounds like a phase problem.

How far is the pool house from house ... with you having two cat cables can you not use 1 cat for the 3 cameras and the other cat just for power.

The wires from the house to pool house are roughly 200-250ft I would guess. Im not positive of the path they took underground. The reason I put a power supply in the pool house is to not have to use the second cat5. They have a total of 3 running underground. 1 is bad, 1 is used for the cameras and the other is set aside for the network expansion they are wanting to do.

Makes me wonder why the bad cable is bad.

LOL, one word. Landscapers.

WiseSolutionLLC, old panasonic cameras we used had a "GEN LOCK" connector which interconnected the cameras so they wouldn't roll. After that job we ALWAYS ran an extra wire or 2 of each type.

can you use the bad cable to pull in new outdoor rated cat5 or six a 1000 ft roll is under 200.00 if the conduit , if it is in conduit is in tact it may be better to pull all the old out and replace it.