Sign in to follow this  
bmw1999m3

Flickering Issue- See This Youtube video link- Please Help!

Flickering issue on my cams- have tried everything from replacing baluns, GLIs, power supplies, wires, cameras, and still this issue persists. Please help!

It seems that you have done almost everything. Whether your system can be DVR or NVR, it seems overloaded for the SoC chipset inside the box. Too many cameras. You may completely remove one or two cameras off the box and observe the flickerings still there.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have tried disconnecting all cameras and plugging in one at a time and it still flickers regardless of how many are plugged in. I don't think the processor is overloaded because of that, and also all 16 cameras work fine most of the time. The flickering only occurs a during a couple periods of 1-2 hours a day seems. Not sure yet if there's a predictable pattern. The flickering also seems fairly random.

As I see the video channel being mixed from other cameras, the CPU must get overloaded. To be specific, seemingly the DRAM bandwidth over full. Are they all analog cameras or analog HD cameras or IP cameras? You may turn off 3D NR-Noise Reduction, if the feature is enabled. Most of Chinese products claim a bit more than they could chew.

As I see the video channel being mixed from other cameras, the CPU must get overloaded. To be specific, seemingly the DRAM bandwidth over full. Are they all analog cameras or analog HD cameras or IP cameras? You may turn off 3D NR-Noise Reduction, if the feature is enabled. Most of Chinese products claim a bit more than they could chew.

Yeah my channels get the image mixed from other cameras and I have no idea why!!! So that's a CPU overload? I figured it was a problem in the DVR, but I thought it had something to do with a signal-lock loss due to resistance fluctuations or something. They are all analog cameras(non-HD), they are mixed brands of 700tvl - 1300tvl cameras. Where is the 3D NR Noise Reduction feature? I looked all through the DVR Menus and can't find anything close. Here is a screenshot of the OS I'm using:

222.thumb.jpg.305fea390e2b04a402d15fc8859d41ac.jpg

3D NR is good for night time noises when low lighted. But 3D NR needs extra bandwith for DRAM. That's why I asked to turn off the feature, if set or enabled.

Please note most of SoC chipsets are designed to cover 4Ch/8Ch/16Ch application. Not for 12 Ch, as in your case. Your DVR could be designed for 8Ch. But you may be using it for more cameras, or for more number of frames to be compressed and stored. You may change (switch) your DVR box for testing.

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you everyone for your replies. The issue was the cheap crappy low-end Chinese KKMoon DVR! I replaced it with a higher-quality DVR (Interlogix Truvision) and the flickering problem is gone!! I wasted so much time swapping wires, cameras, baluns, GLI's, and other components.... it was the DVR's terrible processor/software the whole time!!!!