appleibook1

Hikvision set up problem

I have five hikvision cameras two HiWatch IPCD 120, two DS-2CD2032-1 cameras, and one DS-2CD2142FWD-1 cam and one switch BV-Tech 5 Port PoE Switch (4 PoE Ports | 1 Uplink Port) – 65W – 802.3af – POE-SW501.

My query is that this one is working DS-2CD2142FWD-1, on a medium length cable approx 20ft. but none of the others will work on long length cables approx 60-100ft, but they will work on a three foot cable. Could my switch not be powerful enough for the long runs.

I have checked the cable and both ends are in line as per cable tester wires 1-8 all correct at each end.

On the short cable I can talk to the cams via the iVMS-4200 app and via the web app on the ip address.

Just cannot get them to work on a long run. Any help or options, or power requirement options.

Are the specs on the switch showing that it has sufficient PoE to run the cameras? My uneducated guess would be they are just not getting enough juice over the length of run your using.

Are the specs on the switch showing that it has sufficient PoE to run the cameras? My uneducated guess would be they are just not getting enough juice over the length of run your using.

That was my thinking as on the long run the infra red lights up but after a few seconds it switches off.

I also read a topic "http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55474" that says that may be the ports are not allowing data and or power. (Im unable to offer a live url as I'm turned off by default and cannot see how to turn it on).

So what sort of power would I be looking at. If I was to get another I would be looking at an 8 port POE and 1 uplink as I add further cams.