Ren McCourtey

Identification help

Hi, I just recently "inherited" a house with a DVR + 4 cameras from Dahua, which I (for a lack of experience) cannot identify. It was not really used and no one took care of the system. So, I connected it to internal network, I got a bit familiar with ConfigTool, fixed basics like time etc. and now I'm looking for a ways to put it to good use. I really would like to upgrade firmware to most current version but this is where I got lost. ConfigTool identifies type and model as TI810X|0, which was not much help for me. How do I find what firmware (http://www.dahuasecurity.com/firmware_111.html) I should use for that? Is is technically DVR or NVR? And what is actual product name of the device? Any help appreciated.

most of the tech on the market is copied, so you could have a genric dvr and not the brand, dahua uses CVI for video and is largely copied in Asian manufacturers. Is there any form of logo at all on the dvr? If you log into it through the monitor directly attached can you screen shot the system info?

Now, that's superweird. There is Dahua logo on the front of the box, the picture is taken through glass, sorry, but the logo is clearly visible. I am also attaching screen from Dahua Config tool stating model name and I will attach also direct monitor picture later when I get to the system. If this is not Dahua, what is it? :-o

2018-01-30.thumb.png.c5c7a33b31cf2400f0c7eca92484f784.png

WP_20171129_16_03_47_Pro.thumb.jpg.49096849e496cfd5e878c6b28cedde68.jpg

It is probably manufactured by Dahua since Config Tool recognises it. But that is not a Dahua model, so it might be a rebranded unit sold by someone else under their own name/brand.

So you might have a hard time knowing what is the equivalent Dahua model for that unit to make sure you do not put the wrong firmware on it.

Hi. That is an old dahua dvr D1.

There is no firmware update ... try to use wrong firmware will brick it

You can’t make something modern by just using firmware you need hardware as well

We’re are you based

Well, first of all, thanks for help. Second, I of course did not expect to magically turn it into something high-tech modern by simply upgrading firmware but I work in IT security and I have good understanding of how important is to be up-to-date when it comes to sw, especially when I'm thinking about making the DVR accessible to myself over the Internet. That's why I was after latest possible update for the device. I'm in central Europe.

I work in IT security and I have good understanding of how important is to be up-to-date when it comes to sw,

SW also runs out known as no longer supported. 5 years since SW was available for that unit.

But it will still work with PSS and smart PSS but I would use the old PSS