Sign in to follow this  
putridleech

No Video Signal

I am a loss prevention agent. I have an intellex CCTV system. I have previously been able to add new cameras using RG59 cable and BNC connectors.

However, one of my cameras started showing only a black screen. I adjusted the connector, at which point it started giving no video at all. I have replaced every component, but it still does not show video (I literally ran a new cable and camera to the same spot.) The closest I get is a very blurry picture for a few seconds, and then video loss. The camera has power and the wire has tested good, which makes me think om screwing up the BNCs somehow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

take a short bnc to bnc patch cord and plug the camera into the dvr if that works you probably have a connector problem. also look at and test your power connection. inspect the camera as well

I am a loss prevention agent. I have an intellex CCTV system. I have previously been able to add new cameras using RG59 cable and BNC connectors.

However, one of my cameras started showing only a black screen. I adjusted the connector, at which point it started giving no video at all. I have replaced every component, but it still does not show video (I literally ran a new cable and camera to the same spot.) The closest I get is a very blurry picture for a few seconds, and then video loss. The camera has power and the wire has tested good, which makes me think om screwing up the BNCs somehow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you try a new camera, or check the BNC?Maybe there is something wrong with the camera.If new camera could work ,all will be OK.If not,just ask for maintenance staff.