Sign in to follow this  
wilderbee

Remote push notification WITHOUT port forwarding!

I have tired many different things, including back and fourth with Hikvision support to get what I would call a simple, necessary function from my NVR working....

PUSH NOTIFICATION TO MY PHONE, WITH NO PORT FORWARDING ON MY ROUTER

I would think the hik-connect/ezviz p2p connection could handle all these push notifications, but it only seems to be able to handle the basic motion detection notification. And lets be honest, that type of motion detection sucks. I have intrusion detection working pretty good now, but unless I am in my home network, I don't get notifications.

Anyone know if this is just the way it is? If I want smart "smart events" pushed to my phone, is port forwarding the only way still?

If so, any other camera brand out there have a better system to notify you remotely?

Thanks!

Hi

with Hikvision it should be able to do the Smart event push notification will test it for you and let you know

other option will be Dahua, with there simple P2P function it works brilliantly , will only work with the Paid app though

Regards

Hey thanks.

I actually just got it going this morning. Turns out I needed to enable the notifications, in the HIK-CONNECT app, (not ivms-4500) and I am not getting the smart events coming through.

I am considering trying Dahua... Hikvision has been good, but so complex, with so many tools and versions of things. Not looking for Nest simple, but man...Hik is tough.

Hey thanks.

I actually just got it going this morning. Turns out I needed to enable the notifications, in the HIK-CONNECT app, (not ivms-4500) and I am not getting the smart events coming through.

I am considering trying Dahua... Hikvision has been good, but so complex, with so many tools and versions of things. Not looking for Nest simple, but man...Hik is tough.

Hey

According to Hik it wil work through the HIk connect, hope you get it right, Dahua is allot easier setup

Regards

At the start of 2019, Hikvision will be introducing the new Hik-Connect App.

Hikvision Europe Technical support confirms that when a smartphone goes into idle mode, the Hik-Connect App does not receive a push notification.

The reason is that the current Hik-Connect version uses a push with general priority, this kind of push will be delayed to send when phone is in idle mode or the operating system of the phone has the App in energy-efficient mode to reduce energy consumption to save. In some situations, even the WiFi of the phone is turned off if the phone is not used for some time.

In conclusion, the problem is that no push notifications come through right now, mainly because SmartPhone manufacturers have adapted their firmware in such a way to extend the battery life that third-party products are now experiencing.

The good news is that Hikvision has indicated to us that in Q1 2019 it will come with version 3.7.x which will support the Keep-Live function, reducing the delay of alarm-push. This other way is high-priority alarm push, which allows the FCM service to wake the device out of idle mode and send the push.

Source: https://completebeveiliging.nl/blog/post/begin-2019-komt-hikvision-met-de-nieuwe-hik-connect-app.html

At the start of 2019, Hikvision will be introducing the new Hik-Connect App.

Hikvision Europe Technical support confirms that when a smartphone goes into idle mode, the Hik-Connect App does not receive a push notification.

The reason is that the current Hik-Connect version uses a push with general priority, this kind of push will be delayed to send when phone is in idle mode or the operating system of the phone has the App in energy-efficient mode to reduce energy consumption to save. In some situations, even the WiFi of the phone is turned off if the phone is not used for some time.

In conclusion, the problem is that no push notifications come through right now, mainly because SmartPhone manufacturers have adapted their firmware in such a way to extend the battery life that third-party products are now experiencing.

The good news is that Hikvision has indicated to us that in Q1 2019 it will come with version 3.7.x which will support the Keep-Live function, reducing the delay of alarm-push. This other way is high-priority alarm push, which allows the FCM service to wake the device out of idle mode and send the push.

Source: https://completebeveiliging.nl/blog/post/begin-2019-komt-hikvision-met-de-nieuwe-hik-connect-app.html

Even more reason not to buy hikvision.

Who in the right mind would want China government to have control of mobile devices.

iPhone allows hik even when a sleep it’s upto setting in notifications to sort your problem out.

I can’t see Apple ever letting a app that can take control of your mobile devices..... it should be upto the user not the China government