Sign in to follow this  
jfsoto1988

Is this a good dome setup for front porch?

Is this a good setup for the front porch? Should I install it hanging from the roof instead. It seems that the wood frames get in the way too much.

The dome camera will be for the front door. Its a Videosecu CCD dome camera which I'm going to test to see if they are good replacement candidates for my older Zmodo CMOS bullet cameras. They aren't IP cameras since I don't have any outdoor power outlets & my Wi-Fi is older DSL (by Frontier Communications).

Since I cant really access the attic, I will be running the BNC cables through the wall and along the roof eaves (& probably protect the cables with PVC tubes). I will also be replacing the older Zmodo BNC cables with thicker ZOSI BNC cables.

Before I painted my home, I had the cables stapled to the indoor walls. That was an eyesore.

Also, what do you think of painting my older cameras to make them more discreet? I used Rustoleum Camouflage non reflective.

This will be my planned setup.

I painted my house exterior from white to green (BEHR Premium Satin), although the paint might be a little dark at night.

To help the cameras at night, I installed a couple of Solar PathLights from Harbor Freight Tools along my front yard fence, replaced an old motion sensor with a new 180 degree Defiant motion sensor from Home Depot, & plan to install a 60LED Solar Motion Light from Harbor Freight.

20180111_180927.thumb.jpg.d17532fee4708d34c6db4fb408655d72.jpg

20180111_165810.thumb.jpg.d4f35a35e84dcbc03a49515583b297e4.jpg

cameras.jpg.db4d12d4d55bc4ac21b9f9939b1f23f9.jpg