pike25lb

Poe cat5e cable help

Hi all of got a hikvision 7608 box and 3 dome cameras I will install outside in the next few weeks

I want 100 meters of cat5e cable or cat 6 if not to expensive iv looked on ebay but there is loads of read the cheap ones no good so can any one recommend a half decent cat5e cable for me to buy or any help on it thanks I will fit my own rj45 connectors thanks

Network Cable on Reel CAT6 F/UTP 100 m Grey Solid

CAT6 cable with shielded twisted pairs, making it less vulnerable to external electric influences. It is compatible with 10, 100 and 1000 Mbps network environments. Perfectly suitable for long-range connections due to its solidity.: Type:Shielded twisted pairs

: Conductors:AWG26

: Material:Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA)

Would that be ok £40 for 100 meters thanks

Network Cable on Reel CAT6 F/UTP 100 m Grey Solid

CAT6 cable with shielded twisted pairs, making it less vulnerable to external electric influences. It is compatible with 10, 100 and 1000 Mbps network environments. Perfectly suitable for long-range connections due to its solidity.: Type:Shielded twisted pairs

: Conductors:AWG26

: Material:Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA)

Would that be ok £40 for 100 meters thanks

Hi. No that is not good 100m of cat6 for £40 only says cheap junk.

I guess that is from some internet store ..... they don’t apply to uk regulations on cat cable .... plus 26 is too small

Cat5 will do everything you need and best place is toolstation.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p72918?table=no

Hi it was just on ebay

Also the cat5e cable from screw fix and tool station I was told not to get that as it was just cheap stuff that's wy I am asking as some say don't get it and found at get it lol

Also 305 meters is way more than I will need I need 100 meters max and tool station only do 305 meters do you know of any on ebay thanks for your help

Screw fix £30 for 100 meters cat6 or £25 for 100 meters cat5e

BrandNexansCable CodeCat 6Cable Length100 mCable Product TypeEthernetCable Reel Length100 mColourGreyManufacturer Guarantee1 Year GuaranteeNo. of Cable Cores8-CorePack Size1Pieces in Pack/Case1Product Depth360 mmProduct Diameter360 mmProduct Height90 mmProduct Length360 mmProduct TypeEthernet CableProduct Width360 mmTotal Product Weight4.9 kg

250Mhz.

Hi. It’s clear you don’t know about cat cable ..... we use everyday.

Yes you can keep looking on eBay and the likes but you will get cheap aluminium coated crap

Screwfix ... prices very from low to high but your not looking at size or if rated

The toolstation link is the best and cheapest you will find in the uk for full copper 24

I don’t see why you come on the forum and ask for help and still try to cut corners with wrong cable

Not cutting corners I convened 300 meters of it simple I need less than 100 meters and screwfix sell 100 meters that's wy iv asked about it

And your correct I don't know about the cable that is wy I come one here to ask

It maybe ok for you to buy 300 meters if you will use it I won't..

Not cutting corners I convened 300 meters of it simple I need less than 100 meters and screwfix sell 100 meters that's wy iv asked about it

And your correct I don't know about the cable that is wy I come one here to ask

It maybe ok for you to buy 300 meters if you will use it I won't..

Ok buy the £29 one ....... remember it’s only 26 gauge ...... and when you find out it’s too small for Poe then spend more to replace

Is it going to be wasted ...... most people who buy cctv add to there system ..... you have an 8 way with only 3 cameras ...even just the 3 cams will annoy you ...... always looking at screen with 3 active cameras and 1 blank

Anyway buy copper and don’t go any higher than 24 gauge

Thanks iv found local to me

BT cat5e network cable external utp 4 pairs 100% copper not shielded 24awg external use would that be fine to use it's in 100 meters thanks