Sign in to follow this  
justounii

Hikvision NVR remote use issues

hey,

I recently installed a hikvision DS-7608NI-I12/8P NVR

with 2x 4mp cameras and 2x 3mp mini Ptz dome

I have forwarded the ports

when i set up the mobile app, now it i can only access over mobile data, once i come home and my iphone automatically connects to the wifi it wont load and says connection fail? why is this becoming an issue??

On mobile data works fine but when connected to wifi the same network the nvr i can only view it if i add another device on its internal IP e.g. 192.168.0.12

the modem is a OptusYes Sagemcom F@st 3864OP adsl modem

Sydney Australia

thanks

could be many reasons, what method is the app using to access the dvr remotely, p2p, Ip, etc. Lets say for example since you mentioned port forwarding that its Ip. When you are on mobile data you are on the carriers network hitting your Ip from another Ip and the ports are forwarded to the dvr. Pretty simple, device -> internet -> router -> dvr. But when you are on your local network your IP is technically the public ip of your router. So computer logic says that you are Ip A trying to reach Ip A and that doesn't work. Without some more advanced configurations to reroute specific requests from your app you are basically trying to talk to the device sitting beside you through the outside world even though you're inside the lan and so is it, so that doesn't work.

im using the IVMS-4500 app, i use it for other cameras at home,

never had an issue before, im running 2 ptz 2 normal cameras running off a PoE switch and when i add them

to the device list on the app they work fine when im on 4G data or when i connect to the same network wifi,

im starting to think it somthn to do with the adsl modem, and now another issue is that it keeps changing IP address,

now i'm confused, your original post said that you CANT access the cameras once you are home and your iPhone connects to your local lan.

Lets see if I'm right here.

your app is accessing your dvr and that's what you want to view your cameras through

the app works fine on mobile data but when you are on your local lan you cant view your dvr

when you add the ip cameras as individual devices to your app while on your local lan you can see them

if the above is all true go back to my previous post, you are port forwarding but since you are coming out of the same network trying to talk to a device inside of that network that is your issue. To you in the physical world its one device to another, in the ip/cloud world its the same device trying to talk to itself and that isn't something that computers/devices do.

Also unless you are paying for a static IP look at dynamic dns, that will allow you to use a domain name that is updated with your ip instead of the ip you just happen to have pulled that day. If you have a high end netgear router they provide a free dynamic dns service.

now i'm confused, your original post said that you CANT access the cameras once you are home and your iPhone connects to your local lan.

Lets see if I'm right here.

your app is accessing your dvr and that's what you want to view your cameras through

the app works fine on mobile data but when you are on your local lan you cant view your dvr

when you add the ip cameras as individual devices to your app while on your local lan you can see them

if the above is all true go back to my previous post, you are port forwarding but since you are coming out of the same network trying to talk to a device inside of that network that is your issue. To you in the physical world its one device to another, in the ip/cloud world its the same device trying to talk to itself and that isn't something that computers/devices do.

Also unless you are paying for a static IP look at dynamic dns, that will allow you to use a domain name that is updated with your ip instead of the ip you just happen to have pulled that day. If you have a high end netgear router they provide a free dynamic dns service.

well as i mentioned i don’t have this issue before with previous dvr

cameras, this new NVR is very confusing to

use, ive never had to use any dns or static ip, the moden has always been the same ip, just forward to ports to the device witch ip was 192.168.0.12 and forward port 8000 to it, then on the app i would put the ip 124.188.191.xxx :8000

and then it would load, when your photo automatically connects to wifi it should still work too? but this issue is that its not working like that at all, you have to physically add another device in the menu of 192.168.0.12:8000 then add another set of cameras....

oh now the system is stopped working and i cannot access it even tho its connected again...

the ip changing isn't a factor with any internal device, its the provider and modem

not all dvr's work the same way. older dvr's are only capable of direct ip communication, newer dvr's use various protocols like p2p to basically create a bridge from a remote network through their logging system to your local device.

Its also very hard to get some dvr's working, unless its a major name brand or a specific manufacturer you use a lot then menus and setting can often be confusing and not really work, sad but true most dvr's are cheaply made with terrible programming and translation knocking off on another system.

Had one that was just another dahuaish dvr, problems abounded, replaced it with a flir unit and the app, programming, and web interface are super easy.

Had one that was just another dahuaish dvr, problems abounded, replaced it with a flir unit and the app, programming, and web interface are super easy.

you do know that the flir/lorex units are made by dahua, right?

they use dahua tech, yes. however they are easier to use, the programs have a more user friendly interface and if you are a native English speaker the manuals are completely correct and make sense.