Sign in to follow this  
ohdang

XMEye question

I haven't any problem using the app, but I don't know how it knows 'where' my camera is.

I used it from home on my local network using "local login" and it worked fine.

But later when I was not at home I tried for giggles to use "local login".. and it worked, using 4g, and without me telling it the IP address of my home router.

I do have port forwarding set up, so the fact it can connect at all isn't suspicious, but this means either the app must have stored the IP of my home network when I connected locally, or the app is telling a server my home IP address and querying that.

Mind, I have not logged into the XMeye web site, nor even created an account yet. I assumed I would have to do that, but now I don't know.

If this is not a good place to ask this question, apologies, and then my question is different, any advice on where to ask this;)

Hi. Did you scan the QR code on setup ?? This will have done your P2P settings for you.

Where are you based ...... Xmeye server is in China but there are apps that are Xmeye country locked and connects to server I. Your country ...... Also 3rd party apps

If you re load your app setting from recorder ....... Menu then go to guide and follow the registration and click the cloud before you scan the QR code ..... You can then log on from your PC and see your connection history