I hooked a FLIR M4200 DVR with my analog cameras and everything worked. I then swapped out one camera with an amcrest HDCVI camera. This camera just shows rolling lines. It’s hooked up via coax cable. I’m not sure if the dvr needs to have settings changed? Anyone have any ideas?

cam setting wouldn't cause lines, sounds like ground loop but more specific descriptions would be helpful. All I've got is you had a dvr it all worked, put in one new cam and it has lines. Just based on that recheck how you put the cam up, did you accidently give another path to ground, with a screw from the cam case, or something small like that.

cam setting wouldn't cause lines, sounds like ground loop but more specific descriptions would be helpful. All I've got is you had a dvr it all worked, put in one new cam and it has lines. Just based on that recheck how you put the cam up, did you accidently give another path to ground, with a screw from the cam case, or something small like that.

Thank for the reply! I bought the flir DVR in order to use hd analog cameras. I hooked up the new HDCVI camera to the coax I had a non hd camera connected to. The non hd camera worked with no issues. Where would I check for ground? At the dvr or power supply?

AAF972CD-14E5-45F3-89B5-412C11062C53.thumb.jpeg.d369692d4fd480fd3aab33a0120e9b3d.jpeg

that looks pretty bad, not really sure its from a ground loop, almost like your dvr channel is set to a different protocol than the camera. Check and make sure that both the dvr channel and camera are in HDCVI mode. Ground can get in anywhere, at the cam, the dvr, in the cable, or even using separate power supplies that hare connected to different circuits. It would be something just erroneous if it isn't power related. A metal screw through the camera base that is touching a metal electrical box behind it little stuff like that. I'd check the mode first though, probably just that.

I hooked up the camera at the dvr to a channel that allows hd feed but still no luck. I just purchased a ground loop isolator to use at the camera. Also I’m not sure if I’m missing a setting on my dvr that changes the camera type to HDCVI. I only see HD resolution.