namahs

Dahua motion detection setting rec on neighbor ligh sensor

Just upgrade my camera to Dahua HD-CVI system and everything has been great. Only issue is having a difficult time with the false positive on my front area. I have a zone for motion detection to record events but the issue is my neighbor has a super bright LED light sensor. This sensor detects up to 20 ft away so pedestrian on the street is flagging his light and then triggering my motion detection. I changed the sensitivity to 75 and threshold to 15 and no luck. Anyone have any formula on this? Thanks

Just upgrade my camera to Dahua HD-CVI system and everything has been great. Only issue is having a difficult time with the false positive on my front area. I have a zone for motion detection to record events but the issue is my neighbor has a super bright LED light sensor. This sensor detects up to 20 ft away so pedestrian on the street is flagging his light and then triggering my motion detection. I changed the sensitivity to 75 and threshold to 15 and no luck. Anyone have any formula on this? Thanks

Hi. Nothing you can do ...... Sensor lights switching on and off will be detected by your camera.... Change of light will be classed as motion.

If your recorder takes alarm inputs on the back you could use a cheap PIR sensor to use for motion detect in that area