Sign in to follow this  
latreche34

Hikvision Driving Me Nuts

I got this Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-SE/P that is few years old and everything works fine, Cameras rolling, NVR functions properly, I can ftp via my laptop and monitor from there. The problem is setting up a remote monitoring from my iPhone. The new Hikvision NVR's seem to have one additional tab in the setup menu called Platform Access, well I don't have that option to connect to Hik-connect even though I have an account with Hik-connect already, Using the app to add a device with serial code returns no device found, I'm not a network savvy so I don't know how to get the NVR to connect to Hik-connect server the old fashion way with port forwarding and all that stuff.

Can someone help me locate an update for my NVR model to enable that Platform Access tab, From there I should be able to set it up. I don't seem to find any firmware dated after 2015.

Hi. Try changing your password it must contain 8 character and has to have number and letters and see if that then lets you add

What password? The Hik-connect account password? It does have letters and numbers already. But I think my problem is the NVR itself that needs to be configured to connect to the Hik-connect.com server the former Hik-online.com.

Ok . Your going from hik-online to hik-connect.

You can still use hik-online.

But if your going to hik-connect there was a register date Nov-Dec last year and if you missed that then you are going to have to look for the latest firmware for your unit.

And that's where the new password comes in ...... The password is for your NVR 8 characters letter and numbers or symbol must be used for it to accept

Ok . Your going from hik-online to hik-connect.

You can still use hik-online.

But if your going to hik-connect there was a register date Nov-Dec last year and if you missed that then you are going to have to look for the latest firmware for your unit.

And that's where the new password comes in ...... The password is for your NVR 8 characters letter and numbers or symbol must be used for it to accept

No, never been with hik-online it’s a first time registration and install which I opened up an account at hik-connect.com already, I’m having trouble linking my NVR to it which probably need to create ports on my router that I’m not familiar with.

Few years old ..... old firmware....... no platform Access

Means can’t connect to hik-connect.

Your unit needs the security patch to use the new hik-connect

You need to enter platform Access number into your nvr

At the moment you can’t without firmware.

But you still can connect with mobile apps by just missing out the hik-connect server and using your static IP address

Few years old ..... old firmware....... no platform Access

Means can’t connect to hik-connect.

Your unit needs the security patch to use the new hik-connect

You need to enter platform Access number into your nvr

At the moment you can’t without firmware.

But you still can connect with mobile apps by just missing out the hik-connect server and using your static IP address

First, Where do I get the security patch?

Here is the device info:

Serial# DS-7608NI-SE / P0820140630BBRR471210634WCVU

Firmware Ver V2.3.7 build 131112

Encoding Ver V1.0 build 130719

Second, If the above failed what free DNS should I use besides Hik-connect?

Update, After countless hours of learning and experimenting and searching online finally I got it to work on my iPhone just the way I wanted it, The trick is downloading the latest firmware from a European server and that brought up the Access Platform tab, Then struggled to set up a hik-connect link which worked after a NVR reboot.

Man what a pain that I have to go thru because I bought this from a Chinese re-seller which I have no record of, Hikvision CS punched in the serial # and they told me it's a clone, So basically I was on my own on a stormy day, Luckily with a bit of patience and learning I got it to work, Wooooof now I can go to bed and sleep like a baby.

Why countless hours...... you was told what to do a few posts back

In my first post I asked for help to locate the firmware, since I got no answer had to spend several hours looking for the latest firmware, Then I was reading on one of the forums that linked the firmware to a European website and it worked, It's not just finding the firmware, the whole process was a pain for me because it's the first time experience.

Now I have a very minor problem, I no longer can access the NVR web interface, I got an error message saying "Network Abnormal" I don't know if it's the firmware or the fact that I had to change my password to a strong one, I will have to spend some more time researching this unless someone here experienced it already that can shed some light.

the password thing takes 1 min

i have the app on iphone and works ok

you download a file on a windows pc and press a button, someone software opens and asked you to make a new password

some firmware has not been out for years. I have the DS-7108NI-E1/8P and emailed the support in the uk and after 2 emails they just closed my ticket with no help

the password thing takes 1 min

i have the app on iphone and works ok

you download a file on a windows pc and press a button, someone software opens and asked you to make a new password

some firmware has not been out for years. I have the DS-7108NI-E1/8P and emailed the support in the uk and after 2 emails they just closed my ticket with no help

I have no clue on what you are talking about.