Sign in to follow this  
Martox

Adding a BNC loop to a DVR that does not have loop ports

So I’m redoing my cctv at my business and my old system had a row of ports for cameras and for each port it had a loop port to display on our spot monitor to customers.

The new DVR I have in does not have the row of loop ports and now I have to split the video feed I want to display manually right?

So I’ve now bought a BNC 4Port output splitter box but problem is the output is noisy and barely any signal can be read, I can just barely sometimes make of the image. Does anyone have any experience in adding loops to DVRs that do not come with loop?

Output is directly into a monitor and not another DVR.

BNC Splitter bo: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/322494132092?ul_noapp=true

buy a powered 1 in 2 out (or 1 in 4 out etc) you need the powered unit to give you enough signal to power the remote monitor. they are cheap i found a 1 in 8 out for 49.00 these spiltter come in many different styles HDMI VGA and BNC analog

Is that not just the splitter box that I bought and linked? It’s 1 in 4 out, but my issue is that the output is clearly duplicated and displayed on a DVR but directly plugged in to a monitor and the signal is heavily interfered. When I found the splitter box I really thought all my prayers had been answered.

Hi. What format is your dvr .... Analog only or analog HD.

How far is cable run and what type of cable as you using.

Does your monitor have BNC input or are you converting the signal again.?

you are correct you would have to match formats if it is bnc analog you would have to convert the signal if your monitor only has vga in. the splitter box will only push the signal out to your device not convertf it.