ja3372

Looking to build or buy complete system, New to surveillence

I'm looking to build a system or buy a complete system but am pretty lost. I purchased an Amcrest camera system off of amazon and it did not work well at all, one bad camera and NVR has multiple issues. I ran 24 gauge Cat5e cable to all the locations where I want the cameras and back to my office. I want to be able to access cameras from smart phone my iPhone and my wife's samsung. Should I bother with the cat5 or just rerun coax with bmc and separate power source. I'm looking to set up 6 cameras outdoors and being able to record. I have a 2tb hard drive and just returned the amcrest system. Budget wise i'm all over the place. Don't want to spend much but would go as high as $500. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

I'm looking to build a system or buy a complete system but am pretty lost. I purchased an Amcrest camera system off of amazon and it did not work well at all, one bad camera and NVR has multiple issues. I ran 24 gauge Cat5e cable to all the locations where I want the cameras and back to my office. I want to be able to access cameras from smart phone my iPhone and my wife's samsung. Should I bother with the cat5 or just rerun coax with bmc and separate power source. I'm looking to set up 6 cameras outdoors and being able to record. I have a 2tb hard drive and just returned the amcrest system. Budget wise i'm all over the place. Don't want to spend much but would go as high as $500. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Hi. Your budget is good for a 4 way system .... Then the price goes up again.

With your budget I would go 4 cameras and 8 way NVR and add other cameras as and when your budget allows.

Also NVRs are changing as in getting better ..... Better storage and cameras with colour night vision.

So buy the best you can for your budget.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/hd-security-camera-system-with-2k-recorder-weatherproof-cameras/LN10802-84W-1-p